C9 Retrofit Vs C7 Retrofit

Next year i want to replace me c9 led's that i currently have on my roof. I'm not sure if the lights from walmart or target will be bright enough for my liking. The retrofit bulbs have 3-5 leds and are pretty bright from what i read. How bright are the c7's compared to the c9's? I've never bought retrofit bulbs fro christmas lights so any help s appreciated. Also what is the cheapest place to buy retrofits?

We sell both C9 and C7. We also have both C9 and C7 bulbs in stock, however we don't have any C7 sockets/wire instock, that is coming in April. 

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/

I would recommend buying a C7 bulb or two, and a C9 bulbs or two now and comparing them. Then you can make your decision on what will work best for you. 

From what I've seen, you're more likely to be pleased with the LED retrofits than just buying the LED c7/c9 stringers from a big box store. The box store variety tend to look like mini lights with giant plastic covers, and don't really get anywhere close to that traditional "big bulb" look.

From what I've seen, you're more likely to be pleased with the LED retrofits than just buying the LED c7/c9 stringers from a big box store. The box store variety tend to look like mini lights with giant plastic covers, and don't really get anywhere close to that traditional "big bulb" look.

Agreed! 

I might end up ordering one of each and just see what i like better. I want the brightest i can get, cheapest too, but i decorate a couple houses, and at the house i live at we have those big box store c9 LEDs. They are bright but we only have 2000 lights. Where i want to put these i will have upwards of 25,000 lights next year so i want them to stand out since they will be put on the roof. The price seems pretty crazy but the site hotrod1965 said will probably be the best deal.

I got some retrofits this year and am pleased with them. I too shopped around a bit so here is my opinion... Go with the c9 because there is more lens to defuse the light therefore more color. Two make sure the c9 you do buy has 5 led diodes instead of 3.... the few cents per bulb more is well worth it.

Next year i want to replace me c9 led's that i currently have on my roof. I'm not sure if the lights from walmart or target will be bright enough for my liking. The retrofit bulbs have 3-5 leds and are pretty bright from what i read. How bright are the c7's compared to the c9's? I've never bought retrofit bulbs fro christmas lights so any help s appreciated. Also what is the cheapest place to buy retrofits?

If brightness is what you are after, these pictures of C9 retrofit bulbs might be what you are looking for.  I have tried different retrofit C9 LED's and can honestly say these are as close to the original incandescent C9's.  I had to order these bulbs from "Displaysales.com".  They look like, and give off the same brightness, as the old incandescent C9's.

***Just to let you know, Display Sales Company sales out of these bulbs every year and you have to sometimes call them to be placed on a waiting list.  I found this company while visiting Walt Disney World.  Disney buys these bulbs for their parks.***

Sorry, but a few pictures are fuzzy.

"How bright are the c7's compared to the c9's?"

I've been happy with all of my different C9 retrofits that I have but always wanted more brightness out of my C7 retrofits.

The LED C9's are a little brighter than the LED C7's. I have tried three different types of LED C7 retrofit bulbs (Smooth Transparent, Crystal Cut & Ceramic/Frosted). 

1)  The Smooth Transparent LED C7 retrofit bulbs are by far the worst ones I have used. Unless you point the bulbs directly towards the street, they are hard to see. 

2)  The Crystal Cut C7 retrofit bulbs are better in brightness and in price.  If you have bright street lights around your house some of the bulbs may be hard to see from the street.

3) The Ceramic/Frosted C7 retrofit bulbs are the best in brightness but they are pricey.  The frosted bulbs deliver the light output more evenly and appear much brighter with richer colors.

Here are pictures of the three different types of C7 retrofit bulbs I talked about.  I also added pictures of my parents C7 Ceramic/Frosted LED retrofit bulbs on their house. 

**The candles you see in the windows and outlining the walkway are Smooth Clear C7 retrofit (6 LED bulbs), purchased from G7Power.com.  These bulbs are made of real glass with LED's inside.  They are pricy but very bright (15 Lumens)**

We sell both C9 and C7. We also have both C9 and C7 bulbs in stock, however we don't have any C7 sockets/wire instock, that is coming in April. 

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/

I would recommend buying a C7 bulb or two, and a C9 bulbs or two now and comparing them. Then you can make your decision on what will work best for you. 

Hey are your prices you have on your website now the presale price? For example a C9 pure white retrofit for $1.10. What are your C9 bulb prices when not on presale?