You know your a Christmas Lights Fanatic When?!?

Scott Colson

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's when my girls come an ask me if the sun (the display) can godown (off)so they can go to sleep.

Or when my neighbors joke about putting up mirrors instead of lights of their own.

Or when my wife tells me to just buy another LC-16 and quit playing with the darn SSR's for the last 7 days.

Or on Halloween the kids say trick or treat and when are you going to start putting up those lights? :)

Brian

Guest Scot Meyers

NO NO NO.

You know your a christmas light FANATIC when your in home depot and you help a customer with a decorating question AND YOU DON'T WORK THERE!!. The nex thin g you know 5 more people ask you questions AND THEN the Store Manager offers you a Seasonal Job to work thier christmas decor dept.

(True story, this happened to me Saturday after Thanksgiving.)

Another way to tell is that you have fishing tackle boxes filled with replacement bulbs, replacement sockets, spt-1 and 2 male and female ends, zip ties, wire frame clips and any oher replacement part you can think of.

You dont throw away a bad light strand you salvage it!!

I AM THE HOLIDAYGEEK!!!

You know you are a CLF when the local airport authority calls you, and asks you to

tone it down, or suffer the FAA wrath.

They called back, and thank you for saving all the flights due to extreme fog out

conditions, and the pilots appreciated the land mark to line up to the runway, and

FAA has dropped your file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregg

Scot Meyers wrote:

George,

were not sick just Holiday Psychotic. One more you know your a CLF when you go outside ant lease twice a night during the season to admire your work.

Adding to that, you know you're a CLF when you walk out on your porch about 3 minutes before "Lights On" every night just so you can see them first light up.

You're a CLF if you read about a Christmas lighting conference event that's 2 years away, and you already start getting excited over it.

You're a CLF if you're helping someone with math homework, and when they ask for your help with an addition problem, you're useless because all you can think about is the next time you'll be able to get together with your "brightest" friends and learn and trade the latest secrets about lighting.

You know you are a CLF when your neighbors walk out their doors at night and they are wearing their sunglasses.

Andalso when your one neighbor callsyou to tell you thelights are casting a glare on his TV and he is having trouble seeing it....Oh yes he did...I told him to move the TV.

Kenny Greer wrote:

You're a CLF if you read about a Christmas lighting conference event that's 2 years away, and you already start getting excited over it.

You're a CLF if you're helping someone with math homework, and when they ask for your help with an addition problem, you're useless because all you can think about is the next time you'll be able to get together with your "brightest" friends and learn and trade the latest secrets about lighting.

Its been driving me nuts. I can find that theres a show but because I'm new I have no idea where its at and can't find out.

You know you're a CLF when:

You stop at Wal-mart during a light sale and the clerk says "ANOTHER CASE?!?!!?"

You have a wheelbarrow with light strings, replacement bulbs, electrical tape, ziploc bags, tent stakes and picture wire, rope, twist ties, various tools, extension cords and triple taps, work gloves, kleenex and an 11-foot extension pole. To top it all off, you refer to the wheelbarrow as "an emergency response vehicle."

You know your a Christmas Lights Fanatic When,

N.A.S.A. asked if you could send a Morse code message to the space shuttle, because they have lost contact.

Your porch collapses which takes out more than 20 blow molds.

Your neighbors don’t have to visit your display because their own house lights flashes in time with your Christmas display.

Your state doesn’t have to worry about regulating mosquitoes or moths any more.

The Aurora Bore Alice starts to become jealous of your display.

Randolph the Red Nose Reindeer gets laid-off on account of your display.

The New Years Eve celebration in Times Square is moved to your house instead.

All of the tanning spas go out of business in your area.

Day Light Savings Time is not ever used in your town.