You know your a Christmas Lights Fanatic When?!?

Scott Colson

You know your a CLF when standing in line at a Restaurant, you notice the tree has a few lights out. You say something to the waitress about it. She informs you that they know but have no spare bulbs. You of course have just the right kind ofspare bulbson you because you read on this thread about others having spare bulbs on them...think that is a good idea...andstart carrying a few.Though you are itching to getthem fixed and would gladlydo so yourself, youhand them to the waitress for someone there to fix because yoursignificant other has already made the comment that he hopes no one gives us fruitcake forChristmas as he is already married to one. Then you start to wonder just how many lights it would take to make a fruitcake look good.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

You know your dads a christmas fanatic when he's explaining how he gets each light

to do what he wants when ever he wants while he's driving you to your baseball

game in May.

Also he sits in his office making radio transmitters to make money durning the

summer so he'll have money to buy more lights.

Also he comes out side tells you to look over everything with him and make sure

every single light is working.

He has 3 heaters out side so people are comfortable while looking at the lights.

He has police officers come up to him while he's watching his own light show and ask

him if he needs any help with the traffic control.

The Power company CEO stops by your housevery often to talk to your dad.

Everyone at school calls you "the christmas guys son".

You have to park at the church down the block and walk to your own house even if

you just went grocery shopping and have to make a couple trips to the car to get it

all.

He downloads light-O-Rama on to your computer and gets you hooked into all the

christmas decorating.

He does stupid things like climb up a 50 foot tree like a monkey just so the lights will

be exactly where he wants them.

He always laughs at you when you askif we have any extension cords.

Also, He sits in his office afters he's spent 4 hours working on sequencing his lights,

afters he's gotten done building the frames for mini trees he sits on here before he

goes to bed and reads every new post that's on here.

:laughing:haha I love my dad

You know your a CLF when...

You neighbors call the police on your display becauseits so brite...

and next thing you know you have the entire police force driving by slowly in there squad cars admiring the lights, and to tell you what a good job you did this year, and how you have really out done your self!, LOL, sad but true happened last year!

p.s. I Went to the neighbors house the next morning with a pair of sunglasses for there entire family, HEHE

:waycool:

and next thing you know you have the entire police force driving by slowly in there squad cars admiring the lights, and to tell you what a good job you did this year, and how you have really out done your self!, LOL, sad but true happened last year!

p.s. I Went to the neighbors house the next morning with a pair of sunglasses for there entire family, HEHE

You know you are a CLF when while watching TV at night you:

1) Pull mini lights out of multi color strings

2)Sort the lights by color

3)Re-install them to make more Single color strings.

4) Convince your husbad it's such a great idea that he helps you :shock:

You know you are a CLF when you spend Saturday:

Crawling all through the crawlspace running cat5 from the office to the front of the house for an outdoor jack to plug in controllers and audio lines from the office to the garage to plug into the fm transmitter.

Neighbor from across the street came over while I was finishing up the outdoor ethernet jack and said "I sometimes use my laptop in the back yard, you should have just gotten a wireless router."

Poor guy just moved in in May, he has no idea what he's in for :}

Scot Meyers wrote:

<snip>

Another way to tell is that you have fishing tackle boxes filled with replacement bulbs, replacement sockets, spt-1 and 2 male and female ends, zip ties, wire frame clips and any oher replacement part you can think of.

THANK YOU ... That is a great idea!

I normally just use tackle boxes for my watering system parts.

. o O (must remember to think outside the box)

cworthen wrote:

When your wife wants you to take a cruise in November and you can't go because your putting up the Christmas display. She wasn't laughing!:waycool:

She'll adjust. I am blocked out from Sept 1 to Jan 1 each year between the haunt and the display :laughing:

You might be a CLF if......you read a 2 year old thread for the first time and find out you have done half the things mentioned ..... now my question is does that make me crazy or do great minds think alike ;)

sk9 wrote:

You might be a CLF if......you read a 2 year old thread for the first time and find out you have done half the things mentioned ..... now my question is does that make me crazy or do great minds think alike ;)

CRAZY:laughing:

• 4 weeks later...

When you go to the after Christmas sales and the only thing they have are Multi-Color Mini lights and you need solid colors.

So, you get the bright idea that:

IF I BUY 5-boxs, then I will get 1-Box of each color. Thus a total of 5-boxs each a differ color.

I did this for 125 boxs of 100ct muti-color minis :shock::cool:. ( all @ 75% off )

When you are running (3) new 20a circuits in the front garden

...and making room just in case so you can add 2 more circuits in the same conduit

and planning on 3 more circuits on the other side of the walkway

and another 3 on the other side of the new driveway

and a 150a sub-panel to connect everything

Yes it was fun and rough on the fingers :). (It was a great idea at the time; Had to do something quick, people was miss-tacking my cart as the Store's restocking cart )

after about 7-boxs, I got smart and made some tools outof a bottle cap and scissor. ( made things much better )

I will do it all over, if i have to.