You know your a Christmas Lights Fanatic When?!?

• You find that you have caught the "Christmas light addiction" that has no cure...
  • When you start playing your favorite Christmas song over and over again because you want to sequence to it, and find that, when December rolls around, that you are sick and tired of listening to it.
  • When you start calling Christmas music a "novelty" 10 months out of the year b/c hardly everyone listens to it
  • When you go around the neighborhood singing Christmas carols in the summer (my brother and I did that once........)
  • Requesting a week off of work to set up your display
  • And the list goes on..............................................................

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Your display has the ability to influence the purchasing/inventory system at one or more local stores...

Last year I needed purple minis while at full price... lots of them... so I went to Lowes andbought whatever they had on the shelf. Icame back again and again and grabbed them as they restocked. Eventually they stopped restocking (I had them all) and I ended up getting one or two additional flat at a different Lowes. I said to my wife at the time "I bet their inventory is mostly automated and next year there will be a surplus of purple." Sure enough, this year everything was bought out before Christmas except for four flats of purple minis! Now that's being a fanatic! I'm afraid I have to turn my fanatic card back in though... I left Lowes without buying those 4 remainingflats of purple because... *gasp* I didn't need them!

When you wait 1/2 an hour to buy 21 sets of 18' LED lights

Despite the fact they say they are "up to 75% off"

Then they say its a stocked item in the electrical aisle...it isn't

Then they say you can buy one at 75% off - it's OK

and you tell them you want them ALL....

and you really didn't need the rope light...but 75% off !!!

and you still have dozens of sets from last year

• Getting up at 6 AM on December 26 to catch the after-Christmas sales
  • Bargaining with store managers to see if you can get a better price on those Christmas lights (have done that a few times)
  • When your neighbors start asking in the summer what is going on with the Christmas display

• Getting up at 6 AM on December 26 to catch the after-Christmas sales
  • Bargaining with store managers to see if you can get a better price on those Christmas lights (have done that a few times)
  • When your neighbors start asking in the summer what is going on with the Christmas display

This might have been way back, but it's worth saying too

You have thousands of feet of extension cord outside for your display, but inside you constantly ask if we have any extension cords in the house.

Done that MANY TIMES this year. :laughing:

This might have been way back, but it's worth saying too

You have thousands of feet of extension cord outside for your display, but inside you constantly ask if we have any extension cords in the house.

Done that MANY TIMES this year. :laughing:

You know you're a christmas light fanatic when...

bdeditch wrote:

I just coping and pasting all of the quotes from this thread. If anyone wants a word document of it, all spell checked as well, give me a PM and I will email you a copy of it. Its 12 pages long.

You know you're a christmas light fanatic when...

bdeditch wrote:

I just coping and pasting all of the quotes from this thread. If anyone wants a word document of it, all spell checked as well, give me a PM and I will email you a copy of it. Its 12 pages long.