Lowes & Home Depot 75% Off

Those little light-show kits Lowes had on clearance for $36 (reg $144) looked interesting (not to mention a little bit tempting) didn't get one though...

Same goes for the set of GE ColorEffect(think that was the name) RGB lights for $12.50 tempting, but didn't get. Since I'd already gotten some of the RGB SynchroLights at Home Depot for $7.50

WOW!!

Just showed it to my wife and said "see, it isn't just me"

Nope, it's definetly not just you! Hahaha. I'm sure that most of the members here have a few pics like this to show. :) just to see the looks on my neighbors faces when I start unloading my finds is priceless! You would think they might be used to it by now!

Those little light-show kits Lowes had on clearance for $36 (reg $144) looked interesting (not to mention a little bit tempting) didn't get one though...

Same goes for the set of GE ColorEffect(think that was the name) RGB lights for $12.50 tempting, but didn't get. Since I'd already gotten some of the RGB SynchroLights at Home Depot for $7.50

I actually picked up the $36 controller and some of the rgb c9's and icicles. Can't wait til next year

Edited by joesmoe2013

@RobbyD8593: wow thats a good stash you got :)

------------------------------------------------

and

I'd already gotten some of the RGB SynchroLights at Home Depot for $7.50

If anyone else gets those, make sure you test them (all together) before putting them away for the season... Edited by XmasLightGuy
All of my local Lowe's stopped restocking their lights. They pretty much get 1 or 2 shipments for the season and once they sell that's it. By the time they hit their end of season sale there's nothing left! :(
That is what happened around me the last few years, since the economy turned down. Last I went out day after Christmas and the cupboards were bare. I didn't even bother going out this year. It was sheer luck when I went on New Year's Eve and scored my 5500 at 75%. One of the employees said they had received them from other stores. I will take it.

Just landed for me what is a huge score.. 6250 icicle lights about 30 or so boxes maybe a few more plus 1100 ft of garland, cost at retail was 558.64 before taxes.. got it for 43 and some change.. Think a manager was tired of seeing it. They had everything discounted to 75%, then at registered after pricing everything, they took another 75% of the discounted price!!! I think someone actually lost money there.. (it wasn't me!)

Just landed for me what is a huge score.. 6250 icicle lights about 30 or so boxes maybe a few more plus 1100 ft of garland, cost at retail was 558.64 before taxes.. got it for 43 and some change.. Think a manager was tired of seeing it. They had everything discounted to 75%, then at registered after pricing everything, they took another 75% of the discounted price!!! I think someone actually lost money there.. (it wasn't me!)

Great score indeed! They definetly lost money on that sale. A good friend of mine that has worked in retail for several chain stores once told me, that at 75% off the store is " breaking even". Anything lower than that and they are loosing money.

I scored some more C7 LEDs at one of our Home Depots. The other has nothing. Stopped by Kmart and they are on,y at 70% at what I think are inflated prices! but still had plenty of stuff. I already spent a good chunk this year and starting to get the "enough" look from my wife. I am going to keep checking back this week until they go 90%. I treat this like buying stocks, patience and you can get you price