Well, they were good until it rained hard on them. I thought they were sealed enough, but I was wrong. I lost several strings of them. Guess, I learned an expensive lesson. But, received a lot of positive comments before the rains came to Central Florida. SO... be sure to seal them well if you buy any.

I didn't seal mine but luckily the water that got in didn't do too much damage. A few rust spots but they still work great.

I was going to use them for a starburst but they eventually fall out of synch after being on for several hours so if you don't use a controller you will probably be disappointed with the star effect. They are great up high in my maple tree, though.

Well if you plan on staying static then you won't want to invest in a LOR controller as Tom mentioned above.  You could make your own using an old string of multifunction lights or buy a similar cheap controller

http://www.lightuplawrence.net/Home/how-to-1/4-channel-controller-1 <-- DIY

http://www.christmas-leds.com/productinfo_v3.aspx?productid=SN-CONT <--purchase

Just use one channel if you want them to all flash at the same time, or use 2 channels for alternating bursts.  I plan on making a few of the DIY version for next year as I also have a static display.

Edited by LangfordDave

I used mine  as 3 seperate starbursts........The first thing I did when I saw them was to squirt as much silicone into them as they woyd take and boy am I glad i did we had the worst weather Christmas Season in a long time freezing rain then snow 18" ......then rain and freezing temps the next day and the held up like a trooper......FYI, they stay in sync for approx 10 sec. so I just use mine to highlight certain parts of my songs....I also attached a C9 bulb to each starburst to drain the power completely when they shut down so not to burn up the DC adapter.