Heat Shrink Tubing

merrymidget

I want green colored tubing so it matches,and doesnt stick out like a sore thumb when used on mini light  strand wiring.What is the proper size tubing to purchase to use on the 22 gauge wiring found on mini light strands? I am only looking at purchasing a few feet of this tubing to complete the odd repair here and there that occasionally arises from squirrel damaged wiring,etc

I use black 1/4" 2:1 heat shrink tubing for any repairs I do to my mini light strings.  

Unless you are on top of the repair both during the day and at night black tends to blend better with the dark green wire.  The green heat shrink is much lighter than the standard SPT wiring and tends to stand out when you are within 10' of the repairs especially during the day and within 5' at night with the lights off.

Black does not stand out on dark green wire, you might do some then stand 10-20 feet away and see if you can find the black heat shrink,

As for 22 gage wire I use either 3/32" or 1/8" heat shrink, depends on the insulation thickness, it varies from MFG.. It also depends if you have a large solderconnection blob or not.

Do not try to slide the heat shrink over a still hot solder joint, it will start to shrink and might get stuck.