My Love For Hamberger Displays

Sammy you got me thinking about the display boxes .

I usually do Parades I have never put this kind of animation on a float but there will be this year, I can't wait ! I'll definitely post pics.:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzz, Buzz& hump day!

Finally back at my cousins house. Landed in DFW airport this afternoon, met up with a seller & 2 buyers middle man for over 250 pieces. Unfortunatly we have no space back in NY for this part of th

Here they are

Posted Images

Couple of Eskimos I picked up. Whoever redid the faces did nailed the one perfectly. Just need a little cleanup and minor repair. Getting the old flocking off is a pain.

love there faces!!!!!

Does anyone know where to find the soft yarn rope that is used for so many of the elves hair? It's about 13MM in diameter. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Darrid, what color are you looking for? I may be able to help!

Sammy you got me thinking about the display boxes .

I usually do Parades I have never put this kind of animation on a float but there will be this year, I can't wait ! I'll definitely post pics. :)

yes please do. Parades? Where at?

I live in nj. I would love to see your displays in person around christmas time if you are close.

There are some awesome displays in Staten Island that I can direct you too as well as some in NJ as well if you are interested. Displays are meant for everyone, well almost everyone to see, so all are welcome unfortunately Darrid is not to close to where we live

I live in nj. I would love to see your displays in person around christmas time if you are close.

If your in AJ Arizona the first Sat of Dec we have a Christmas Parade every year . I live far :( .

Darrid, here is one I like just a little better. (mostly because it has my house in it from the 4:20 mark until the 8:10 mark!!!! and there is more of our type of animation at the beginning)  The pictures I posted earlier are of my garage and where you see the rectangle beneath the outdoor television I usually have the lyrics to every song (unless it's an instrumental). And the music used is NOT the music the lights are synchronized to.  

Edited by urthegman

Here are some great things my friend Sammy picked up today! Sammy can't wait to see the Gingerbread house new in the box from the Kandy Kids and the rest of the Van Deers!

Love the Baker Gnomes! And the Victorian family with the Piano! Very rare pieces!

Sammy is like me, we really don't sell the big stuff. I know he decorates a lot like myself. In all the years I have done this I have only sold a few dupes, ironically all were the same piece that you posted of mine, the Gnome sawing the candy cane. I had 4 of those total somehow. LOL I still have 1, sold 2 and the 4th was destroyed by UPS.

Hamberger made there own clothing. Though Sammy has a set of skaters that have premade clothing on them. According to the previous owner they had requested those clothes from Hamberger.

Edited by JDarling

Hamberger changed clothing and material year after year. So what you see in a catalogue may or may not be what you have on your figures and words the end they got very cheap with the material and props saving pennies where ever they could. When you buy a figure one of a few things will occur they will either have origonal clothes, store bought clothing or clothing someone made. Having someone make clothing gets really expensive and so does buying them. What I have done in the past is goto thrift shops and pick up clothing for an entire scene so the scene matches. Trying to make a figure look like the catalog gets boring, make the figure and scene your own and put clothing on it that you like and others will enjoy but if you can repair or wash the origonal ones do so it increases the value of the figure.

Darrid wait till you see the kandy kids house it is amazing and like I said it is yours if you want it. It is a piece nobody else will have. Real rears and it is complete. You know what I paid for it and you can have it for that. After all the finds you got for me it is the least I could do in return. Once yiu get the kids I will give you the slide as well but I am going to keep the sea saw because I am going to make a sea saw for some other figures I have from it and any other props from that set that I have comming in u can have too.

Just wait till you see the other props u r gonna flip. The barrel house in the tree and I spoke to someone else and got some of the props from the yarn hair bakers plus I just got 2 more... all I need is 2 more and the set is complete. I just have to find the time to work on them all.

will send u pics next week.

thankx again for posting my pics.

And the skaters I have... there clothing was not from hamberger, they all have brand tags on them. Not one of them was hamberger issued or made pieces. The seller mis spoke I guess

Repainting jelly beans for the Jelly Bean kids. These should be much better with the pastel outfits! On coat #5. Pictures show the progress from former colors to updates. 5 more coats should do it!