My Love For Hamberger Displays

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzz, Buzz& hump day!

Finally back at my cousins house. Landed in DFW airport this afternoon, met up with a seller & 2 buyers middle man for over 250 pieces. Unfortunatly we have no space back in NY for this part of th

Here they are

Posted Images

Thanks Josh! I have a couple in storage that I need to restore as well. I will post some more pics when I get the paint touched up and the hair painted. Just threw the costumes in the wash and they came out perfect. I used a coat of Kilz on the bodies to keep them from leaching discoloration into the white costumes again, The wash also removed all of the former flocking.

Darrid the hair is coming out really good. I am finally finished with my MRS CLAUS in the rocking chair restoration, I just have to make the knitting neadles & make a rug when I take a good pic I will send it to you because the pic I sent y0ou before did not come out to good.

I just reserved the van so I can pick up the rest of that order this weekend but I really do not know where I am going to put it. Also I can't wait to show you all of the stuff that I did not take a picture of... YOU ARE GOING TO FREAK WHEN YOU SEE THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE!! OH & I am getting the candy cane prop for the yarn head BAkers that other deal you closed on yesterday I will probably be able to pick it up in 3-4 weeks but will pay him in a week or so, so let him know that money is on its way..

FYI I left a message with theTexas guy today

Again Great Job on the hair

Don't get excited! The two glass eye elves on ebay that are listed as Hamberger are not. They were made by a CA company who solely bought the motor boxes from Hamberger. Got that info from an expert who worked there!

Right Sammy! Brain Cramp!

Well here is my first attempt at a total face repaint. I have never painted an eye before. I wanted to take it back to the shape of the original eyes. I learned a lot! Also gave him blue eyes instead of the common brown. Now I can start redressing him and will redo the base at a later time.

More than one way to skin a rabbit! This was one of my first pieces I tried taking apart years ago. It will be a challenge. Have to reinforce the body and find someone who can airbrush the new fur onces it's done. He's going to be a Christmas rabbit when I'm done! the motor actually still worked perfect, just has some gearbox issues.

post-20182-0-48104800-1404576520_thumb.j