Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Josh

My Love For Hamberger Displays

Sammy,

From the looks of your profile pic you do not have shelving above the door frames.

And it looks as if there is plenty of room up to the ceiling.

lol :)

Bama,

That is texas, not my house in New York. I will show you a few pictures of what my guest bedroom. Its terrible the wharehouse is full and my garage is full and until  get more space it is just piles of animation all over the place.

Darrid is comming over in 2 weeks to see everything and hang out for a bit. He has the pics of my place. There is animation all over!!!

Sammy I am going to make a special "Carol Burnett" button for you so he can do the Tarzan yell!  LOL

Sammy I am going to make a special "Carol Burnett" button for you so he can do the Tarzan yell!  LOL

Carol-er Burnett!!!!!!!!! LOL

Carol-er Burnett!!!!!!!!! LOL

Love it! I'm sure I'm not the only one who remember this. What a great show btw, why don't we have more like that now?

Used in the 50's in Macy's windows.....WOW way before my time.

My how things have changed over the years.

Darrid,

How about a full pic of Carol er Burnett

Josh, these were just custom pieces not from the 50's. This design wasn't even done by Hamberger until the late 90's. I have the full set of the regular ones to compare, just the props are different.

Bama here is first post that the full pic was in. He is from the Victorian Carolers set with the piano that Sammy picked up a few weeks back. He found the hole set with the piano.

Hate to bother you Darrid but is that a reindeer in the Victorian Male caroler pic?

Looks like maybe antlers in the side of the pic.

Jerry

George thats a good one...lol

& with the Victorian Christmas set I think I have the girl as well. I had someone make a dress for her a while ago & should be getting that soon. It is different then the origonal Hamberger clothing but that is what makes it your own. I may be missing the seated boy only but will find him eventually.

Darrid - ready for this weekend?

Yeah I know I think I am running out of space & that is only 1 room. It went from organized to just skillfully stacking.

Dont worry buddie I will find a spot in there for you... If not then you can stay in the wharehouse..LOL

Thankx again for posting pics for me my uploader is not working right

Ok Sammy, hope you have made room for me in the guest bedroom!

Darrid,

Hope you don't mind sleeping with animated figures with visions of sugarplums dancing in your head. :)

Darrid,

Hope you don't mind sleeping with animated figures with visions of sugarplums dancing in your head. :)

I do it already, you should see my place! I will feel like I'm at home!  lol