My Love For Hamberger Displays

If anyone is interested I have the 1983 and 84 David Hamberger Christmas catalog also the 1985 Easter/Spring catalog. That I could scan. It will take some time as each display is on a postcard with pricing and description on the back and they had a lot of figures back in the day. Just to give you an idea the mechanical Gnomes went for $249.50 each. I also have  catalog from Display Arts from 1985 no pictures of there "Little People" figures just pricing and descriptions. I have a few postcard pictures of there larger figures that were selling back then.

It would take a while to scan but if anyone is interested I would do and save it as a PDF file for you. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzz, Buzz& hump day!

Finally back at my cousins house. Landed in DFW airport this afternoon, met up with a seller & 2 buyers middle man for over 250 pieces. Unfortunatly we have no space back in NY for this part of th

Here they are

Posted Images

Today's photos come from The Original Christmas Store, which had shops in Orange and Newport Beach, CA during the 1980s. These stores carried all kinds of Christmas decor, but are best remembered for their large and elaborate animated displays, some of which cost as much as $50,000 (in 1980s dollars).

Back then they had 2 big buildings in Brooklyn and a showroom in Manhattan. The area that I was mostly in only had a few people working but was a big room. They would assembly the figures and make sure everything worked and then it would go to the seamstress and they may of had 2 of them in that section, but I can only recall seeing this one lady always there. Thinking back on it now I would guess there must of been another section that was doing them same and this may of been more for specialty. Of course they may of also ramped up depending on the time of year. I know they had a woodworking and molding sections of the building. They also did some pretty amazing things of Styrofoam. I remember they building a model of the Brooklyn Bridge and the World trade center.