My Love For Hamberger Displays

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzz, Buzz& hump day!

Finally back at my cousins house. Landed in DFW airport this afternoon, met up with a seller & 2 buyers middle man for over 250 pieces. Unfortunatly we have no space back in NY for this part of th

Here they are

Posted Images

Workshop Gnomes under repair. Everyone has heads,  arms and legs again aside from the gnome with saw, he needs some extra help. Lots of glue, hot glue, modeling clay, spackle,  fiber fix and foam. The foam looks worse than it is and it peels right off but it will provide lots of strength for these pieces. Repainting the bases grey then adding a faux wood look. Started repainting the tables red and the saw and plane blue. The drill will be green when complete. Lots more work to do!

post-20182-0-04029800-1409002501_thumb.j

OK Darrid, I have been following this thread for what seems forever, only thread with as many postings other than the I'm sorry thread. (which I am sorry I have not updated in a while). I am VERY CURIOUS roughly how many Characters do you have in your collection and do you ever get to display all your finished work?

I'm probably close to 225 pieces at this point. I have decorated for years and before I moved I would do a big open house for Camp Millhouse in South Bend, IN. The camp would have reps at my place and we would charge $3 to get in with all monies going to the camp. My last open house I had about 600 people through. I would take all of the furniture out of my lower level for space to decorate. My last open house I had 35 full size trees up accompanied by my animation.

http://www.campmillhouse.org/

Reading this thread has been enlightening. Are these the same pieces on display in Branson, Missouri at The Shepherd of the Hills on the Trail of Lights driving tour?

Welcome to the thread, keep checking in there is always a lot to see & learn here. As for the Shepherd of the Hills tour I have never seen it but I did look it up. It seems like a huge Christmas light walk through with some animation & some of the animation I saw is some of the same pieces of animation that we all have and / or are looking to buy. But to be general the animation is similar if not the same from what I saw.

LOL thanks! When I was a kid and my Mom would take me to a department store I would climb into the windows or on a display and stand like a mannequin!  lol She always knew where to find me.

Wait till you see the giant cupcakes I am working on!

I'm pretty sure a bulk of there animation is Hamberger, Sammy.

http://www.branson.com/attractions/trail-of-lights/photos

Also you can go to YouTube.com and type in "Branson Trail of Lights"

I've posted pics from there before.

Welcome to the thread, keep checking in there is always a lot to see & learn here. As for the Shepherd of the Hills tour I have never seen it but I did look it up. It seems like a huge Christmas light walk through with some animation & some of the animation I saw is some of the same pieces of animation that we all have and / or are looking to buy. But to be general the animation is similar if not the same from what I saw.

They also have a huge amount of Creegan's throughout the video. The video opens with the 12 days of Christmas that was made by Creegans. There is also the Frog scene made by Creegans.  I think are really cute. Lots of penguins from them as well.

Working on several new sources for gear motors. Dealing with the foreign folks has been ridiculous. Had some very promising leads today. More to come.

The older Brevel motors were great and seem to work well after a rebuild. MK was also pretty good. Lots of garbage though, especially the last ones Hamberger used.

N/P I will call a friend & get pics of his Disney set this week.

As for a price for the ducks..lol Better take out a second home loan. All of the Disney figures are at the discression of the seller. it is a sellers market because they are so rare, it really depends on how much you want to spend or how bad you want them but I would say for the set of Ducks a fair price both ways is probably between 4-6 grand depending on condition & such if you get them for less good deal!

I started decorating at a very young age. My Mom was recently telling me about a book that she would read to me when I was about 2. From my understanding it was about the different seasons and when she would get to the page with the Christmas tree, I would go completely crazy. After my Step-Dad bought my first piece of animation when I was 13, Iremember him saying that I would grow out of this. Well it hasn't happened yet!

post-20182-0-75909400-1409599371_thumb.j

What do you have for me, I thought there was only the one piece, the orignal Waking Santa in the bed. Do you have something for me that I do not know about? Am I getting an Un-Birthday present. Just what I need more stuff........ But if there is something I will definately find the space to store & display it.......

I want that damn jester elf, you may not make it back to MI with it..lol

I have other tricks up my sleve.. the mailbox stays here..lol

that is one of my favorite pieces, it is going to go outside this year so the kids can put t

heir letters for Santa in there. Have to go big for the Newspaper this year

OMG just finished re-doing the girl with baby carriage  from the Hamberger Christmas Morning set. Plugged it in & the damn motor dont work.

Took out the motor & it is a brand new Brevel Motor, I cleaned it down, re-greased it and put it back in only to realize that the wire nut did not have the metal cone in the tip.

The motor  was fine all along... Not the way I planned today to go..lol  Almost done