My Love For Hamberger Displays

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzz, Buzz& hump day!

Finally back at my cousins house. Landed in DFW airport this afternoon, met up with a seller & 2 buyers middle man for over 250 pieces. Unfortunatly we have no space back in NY for this part of th

Here they are

Posted Images

Yeah George that one got some reat cash. I think the time for workshop gnomes is over  they get the best money in Aug & Sept & even Oct. I just picked up 3 of them for $228. After that time that people want that display piece. Something different to show off. The only way workshop gnomes will get the kind of money that one did is if they are in pristine condition & that one looked amazing & could even be called a real display piece even though it is so common. It looked flawless.

Glad to get this little Lady in this week! Both motors work but she still needs some tlc.

That black **** that is on her face is the same crap that is on my male figure from the victorian carolers set. WTF is that? It looks like tar or something from the barn.

Darrid,

Not sure if this could be another thread for you to start or continue it here, but do you think you could discuss the motor/mechanics used in these pieces and how to repair them, where to get parts or how to make new parts, how to adjust for different movements/motions, show pictures of how they work, etc?

Darrid,

Not sure if this could be another thread for you to start or continue it here, but do you think you could discuss the motor/mechanics used in these pieces and how to repair them, where to get parts or how to make new parts, how to adjust for different movements/motions, show pictures of how they work, etc?

I think that is a really good idea especially since there is such a short stock on motors, maybe we could stumble on something. I know there are repro motors out thee but so far I am not to impressed with them. I also think that sharing any info that the more experienced have as to how to rebuilt existing motors, make new linkage & just overall show or tell others how to get their figures working condition. What do you think Darrid? I think we should get one started and eventually we can show others how to make their own small animated figures too!

That black **** that is on her face is the same crap that is on my male figure from the victorian carolers set. WTF is that? It looks like tar or something from the barn.

No idea what that stuff was. I took a qtip and alcohol to remove it. Have her fave almost repainted now.