Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Josh

My Love For Hamberger Displays

attachicon.gifnew xmas n baby 001.jpgattachicon.gifnew xmas n baby 003.jpgattachicon.gifnew xmas n baby 007.jpgattachicon.gifnew xmas n baby 012.jpgattachicon.gifnew xmas n baby 013.jpgattachicon.gifnew xmas n baby 014.jpgattachicon.gifnew xmas n baby 018.jpg

This is some of my 2014 Christmas display - 40-50 animated figures outside & 80+ figures inside with 15,000 lights.

Will do better next year.

I think Id have to put up the ez-up tents all around my house if I had this stuff to display... I couldn't let the weather get to it Id be worried to much even though you say you use plastic etc Id be to worried they are awesome and very expensive great job....

Sammy,

Your display turned out awesome. Great pics. If you do better next year I can just imagine what it would look like. Keep up the good work. :)

Sammy,

Your display turned out awesome. Great pics. If you do better next year I can just imagine what it would look like. Keep up the good work. :)

Thankx, I dont know where or what pics you saw I did not have the time to tdo a u-tube video this year but if you are on Facebook there is a fourm I think it is Staten Island Christmas houses and Time magazine online did an article on it this year. I am not to fond of the article because they did not do the article that they said they would but there are some pics there as well. OR Darrid probably has more pics of my house then I do..lol

Thankx again - glad you like it

BTW I have some big ideas for next year - just need big pockets to put it together but I think I can swing it!

Did not realize the John tagged an earlier post with some pics I had I forgot I had put those up there it was in a file folder with pics of Christmas stuff and my baby niece..lol - Thankx John & you would be surprised if you take the proper steps the figures do hold up. I may start resin coating their bodies because there is always problems with the joints in the wetter weather.. Also always remember to clear coat the paint on

Here are some props I made last week. Had them posted in the old new forum but wanted to throw them on here. Working on a few more!

post-20182-0-91596700-1424742601_thumb.j

*ATTENTION ALL EBAY BIDDERS, SHOPPERS & ANIMATION COLLECTORS*                                

TO ALL PLANET CHRISTMAS LOVERS. HERE IS A BIT OF ADVISE IF YOU USE EBAY TO FIND, LOCATE OR PURCHASE ANIMATION OR ANY CHRISTMAS ITEMS OR FIGURES. THERE IS A SELLER OUT OF NEW JERSEY THAT HAS MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS & RUNS UP THE BIDS SO YOU WIND UP PAYING MORE FOR YOUR PURCHASE. HE BRINGS UP THE BIDS SO HIGH THAT YOU ARE PAYING MORE FOR THE FIGURE THEN THE FIGURE IS WORTH. HE LISTS AT AUCTION ANIMATED MECHANICAL FIGURES, BUMPS UP THE BIDS WITH THE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS THAT HE AND HIS FRIENDS HAVE, RUNS UP THE BIDDING & IF ONE OF HIS ACCOUNTS WINDS UP OUTBIDDING AN HONEST BIDDER THEN HE "SHOWS THAT IT SELLS" & IF IT GOES TO  ONE OF HIS ACCOUNTS HE RELISTS IT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS SUCKERED IN & BUYS IT.

fOR INSTANCE YOU JUST SAW THE UNCLE SAM BY HAROLD GALE {HE SPELT IT GAYLE} THAT WENT FOR OVER $800 LAST WEEK, NOW HE STATES THAT THERE WAS MORE THEN 1 IN HIS STOCK YET THE PICTURES ARE IDENTICAL - ITEM NUMBER

IF YOU WANT TO STOP THIS SELLER & OTHER SELLERS LIKE IT YOU HAVE TO SEND A REPORT TO EBAY & IF MULTIPLE PEOPLE DO IT THEN IT WILL GET DONE. HE HAS HAD HIS ACCOUNT PULLED BEFORE THATS WHY THIS ACCOUNT IS IN A WOMANS NAME.
TAKE A MOMENT - PUT IN A COMPLAINT AND LETS PUT THIS SELLER OUT & MAKE EBAY AN HONEST WEBSIGHT AGAIN

THANK-YOU

Got a great lead on a life size Hamberger nativity from a friend and picked it up this weekend in Long Island. Also got a Betsy Ross, bonus! Then also picked up 2 Hamberger mini Victorian pieces! Long week driving all over NYC in a 26 ft box truck!Glad to be home!

post-20182-0-34670500-1425517919_thumb.j

post-20182-0-47382400-1425517929_thumb.j

post-20182-0-91614000-1425517939_thumb.j

post-20182-0-80557600-1425517948_thumb.j

post-20182-0-98353400-1425517958_thumb.j

post-20182-0-37337500-1425517969_thumb.j

post-20182-0-22210900-1425517983_thumb.j

post-20182-0-88163000-1425517997_thumb.j

post-20182-0-19735600-1425518007_thumb.j

Truly an awesome find Darrid.  How long does it take you to restore that many pieces?

I agree awesome find love the nativity if you restore them, I want to see pics please.

I know it will take a while. I'm going to go slowly on each on and get them right so they will last for years to come. Although this was an outdoor set, I really do like the faces so I will leave them as is with a new coat of paint. The primary difference is the latex beards on the Wise Men and Joseph. I am going to look for some regal type of fabric for the pieces understated but fitting of what has been the norm for these type of pieces. I don't like the vinyl stuff at all.

All I can say is WOW!!!! I love the nativity set and knowing and seeing your work I can just imagine what they will look like when you finish them. I hope you can carry us through the process as you have with some of the other pieces that you have refurbished.

When I saw the one pic of the wise man with the broken off hand I didn't realize that was the hand in the front of it on the ground. I thought to myself Oh my God, what and ugly foot. (LOL) :o

These will be a big undertaking for sure! I'm glad I have some great friends to help reference the refurb as I move through it. I see lots of sewing in my future!

Did anyone catch the TV show? Thoughts comments? If you didn't see it, it can be found on On Demand.

I agree awesome find love the nativity if you restore them, I want to see pics please.

Who me share pictures? Never  lol

Darrid,

Didn't get to see the episode on Shipping Wars but found a clip of it on YouTube. That was a very good piece on the collection that you have.

These will be a big undertaking for sure! I'm glad I have some great friends to help reference the refurb as I move through it. I see lots of sewing in my future!

Did anyone catch the TV show? Thoughts comments? If you didn't see it, it can be found on On Demand.

Yes I saw it, you and Josh have lots of cool stuff. I didn't like how they handle it though shouldn't they have wrapped the stuff better. Darrid you mentioned about the cold being very bad.

I pretty much have all my stuff in a building that is only air conditioned and Arizona doesn't

get that cold are lows are like 35 degrees but when I watched the show you got me concerned.

I saw the show, but did not know it was you guys.   Not having any of these, I do not normally follow this post.   I did think of you guys while watching it, but it did not click in my head until the next day that the guys name was Darrid.       Very cool.  Did he really break the 2 arms?    I know you probably can not say to much, but how much of the show is "fake"?    I watch it every week.   Normally they rebroadcast the previous weeks show the following week before the new show.  You must have been the last one of the season, they are not on this week.    I deleted it from my DVR before I knew it was you.    I wanted to go re-watch it.

It was fun to do, I had my stuff all over. Josh's collection looked fantastic! He had to room to stage it well for the show.