My Love For Hamberger Displays

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzz, Buzz& hump day!

Finally back at my cousins house. Landed in DFW airport this afternoon, met up with a seller & 2 buyers middle man for over 250 pieces. Unfortunatly we have no space back in NY for this part of th

Here they are

Posted Images

WOW Darrid,  those pieces look to be in great shape.   How are they mechanically ?    
These guys go "up on the rooftop" for display since that is about the only space you must have left !   LOL

Did you get the bag of presents too?   Such an awesome set !

DH-88-34.jpg

Edited by WLND-DAVID
  • Like 1
On 6/8/2016 at 7:09 PM, Darrid said:

No, they are some of my favorites! I have all the sets Hamberger made except one and out of all the sets I'm only missing one individual piece from the Sweet Set.

You have every Hamberger set except one? Could you please give me a complete list of all sets Hamberger made, as I have been searching for that for years. I have been searching for a site that has a catalog from every year after 1950-ish. However I've only seen three or four catalogs. Do you have a list?

It's the boy with roler skates from the Christmas morning set. The jack in the box was just added in.

You got that figure from Ebay recently so it was most likely a figure from the Willow run display in NJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming from an area not having the advantages to animation makes it much more challenging to get any pieces. Unlike some, I only look for specific pieces for my yearly Christmas display plus for my parade float for my local town. I collect for a reason and that reason is to have these aged figures enlighten Christmas memories from people’s childhood that remember seeing these kind of displays when they were kids. Also, my purpose is to give children a display that they will remember because it’s definitely not something you see on a regular basis. However, since animation is so surrounded with people who enjoy keeping their figures in storage sheds it makes it difficult to want to continue collecting. It is something I’m truly passionate about because I grew up seeing these displays, but sadly collectors don’t truly understand the meaning behind them and would rather see how many they can collect each year as if it’s a hoarding game. I can really see that I got lucky with what I have (10 pieces only) and that is what I’m going to have to be content with because the future of these figures are already in hoarding hands.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Darrid said:

Everyone getting ready for Christmas?

Yes, working on extending a trailer for the float this year and trying to figure it all out in my head and how many more lights, I will need this year lol.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...