My Love For Hamberger Displays

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzz, Buzz& hump day!

Finally back at my cousins house. Landed in DFW airport this afternoon, met up with a seller & 2 buyers middle man for over 250 pieces. Unfortunatly we have no space back in NY for this part of th

Here they are

Posted Images

A good coat of resin both gives a sold structure to bodies that have holes & or maybe rotting out a bit & it also provides a great form of protection when out in the elements. You can sand the resin down after it hardens.

Also there is a product called poly form by model air which is a clay like product that is awesome for holes or you can use a cement clay as well. Both can be sanded and work great to repair holes because with a dap of water to loosen it up you can smooth & fill holes while smoothing out the surface all at the same time.

Darrid, have you ever replaced beards on David Hamberger gnomes ? I have some workshop gnomes they look good outside of a little gray in there beards. I don't know what to use that looks the same as original and  I agree with Sidetrack73 you are awesome at this !!!!

These boots were made for walkin! Still have to add the trim pieces. I know they will never be seen once he has his new costume, but I will know!  LOL Left the chest cavity open from a prior repair and stapled a double layer of aluminum screen as opposed to the newer fiberglass screen that Hamberger was using. Heat is the #1 killer of motors. This guy has a fan but there was no point of just blowing hot air around with no place to escape. I used painters tape to cover the rough edges of screen to keep it from snagging the new costume. Painters tape is easily removed for future use as opposed to duct tape, it binds well to itself and it usually doesn't dry out in heat. Anyone ever painted your house and used this? It always seems that there is a piece you miss removing when you are done and you find it a few years later. Always flexible and still sticky. Another thing about painter's  tape is that it will stick well to about any surface. I despise using hot glue. It destroys costumes and will pull off fragile pieces of the latex if it's dry.

Yep! Wish I could find some more old ones like that, took a while to find that one.

Here is Mr. Hole in the Head after the major part of the repair. Still needs some smoothing out, he had really bad complexion!