Epic Date Is Set!

DanoNJ

Pleased to announce the date and location has been set for this year's EPIC!! Save the date: June 21st. The event will be located in Wilmington, DE this yea (close to the PA / NJ boarder)
Registration and more info will be posted soon! Hope to see you all there!

As those of you that have attended the event in the past know, our mini is a very relaxed atmosphere. While we do have some speakers who will talk on a variety of topics, a good part of the event is geared to simply getting together and sharing ideas. You are encouraged to bring along your latest element you are proud of, your elements that you may need some help on, electronics that you built and those that just don’t seem to work right.

There is no set agenda, but rather a list of topics we would like to discuss. This year, topics that are on the list include:

How do I get my LOR system to work with my DMX projects?

Can a Raspberry Pi run my show?

Highlights of the “Israeli” board.

680x operation.

Pixel set up (including power injection)

1.31 set ups

Nutcracker – how to get started and advanced projects

Xights

Don’t forget to bring you unwanted items as there is generally a swap meet.

We really hope you plan on attending this year. Ask those how have attended, it really is a great day.

See you there!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DanoNJ,       I hope to join you from VA.   Just retired and totally enjoying myself.  How is you're  registration going.  I  surprised there has not been more  chatter from PC.   We just finished our 7 th VA. Mini  two weeks ago and had about 20. We all totally enjoyed  ourselves.            Paul

DanoNJ,       I hope to join you from VA.   Just retired and totally enjoying myself.  How is you're  registration going.  I  surprised there has not been more  chatter from PC.   We just finished our 7 th VA. Mini  two weeks ago and had about 20. We all totally enjoyed  ourselves.            Paul

Hope you get to make the trip, Paul.  We have some folks coming up from your way. The event is VERY laid back with no real formal agenda.  If someone needs some help with something, we find one of the area experts and next thing you know there's a presentation. 

Hi DanoNJ,

I too should be able to attend the EPIC, I'm just south of Baltimore MD. This will be my first time and was thinking of bringing my PVC gift package and maybe one of my snowflakes I made out of wood. These items do not sit/stand up on their own so I was wondering if there will be somewhere to lean them against and since they have lights on them will the event be indoors and outlets available? If it is held outdoors and nothing to lean them on do you think it would be ok to drive a few wooden stakes in the ground to zip tie them to?

Hey Paul Glancy, I was at the VA mini also! It was a real nice time meeting like minded lighting enthusiasts. Are you going to bring any of your Gingerbread men?

Later,

Al

Hi DanoNJ,

I too should be able to attend the EPIC, I'm just south of Baltimore MD. This will be my first time and was thinking of bringing my PVC gift package and maybe one of my snowflakes I made out of wood. These items do not sit/stand up on their own so I was wondering if there will be somewhere to lean them against and since they have lights on them will the event be indoors and outlets available? If it is held outdoors and nothing to lean them on do you think it would be ok to drive a few wooden stakes in the ground to zip tie them to?

Hey Paul Glancy, I was at the VA mini also! It was a real nice time meeting like minded lighting enthusiasts. Are you going to bring any of your Gingerbread men?

Later,

Al

Cool!

I hope anyone that attends brings along something to show off. The event is outside and I am sure there will be plenty of outlets and extention cords available!  This is a decorators house after all.

Al, the gingerbread boy and girl were  given away as door prizes but I plan to make more. Still trying to figure out how many are  attending  the Epic.  As for now still plan to  come and plan to bring the wife. and maybe more  brownies HaHa.   .Paul     .                        

Hey Paul,

Now I remember you giving away those as door prizes. And I remember those awesome brownies and I told my wife about those wonderful cupcakes! I just wish I was close to your bakery to get a pack of the cupcakes.

I too am still planning on attending the EPIC and am really looking forward to it. This will only be my second mini/local gathering. I was at the Christmas Expo last year. I won't be able to make it to the Expo this year and it's killing me! LOL But I'll be at the Expo next year for sure.

Later,

Al

Looking forward to seeing you there, Al. In the upcoming days, I hope to get a loose agenda posted. The event is really all about that ever is on the attendees minds! Have a problem with something? We can help! From novice on up. Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Street address is 12 Cohee Circle, Wilmington, DE 19803.

Start time will be around 10AM. We will be outside, so dress comfortably. The event will go until, well, whenever everyone gets tired of talking lights and controllers. Lunch will be served mid afternoon and later we'll have something for those sticking around diner time.

As I have noted prior, the agenda is really an open forum. If there is something you really need help on, or a certain controller / software you would like to see, post it up! We have some very knowledgeable people attending in various different subjects.

Looking to clean out that garage or basement with no longer needed things? Bring them along there may be someone looking for what you have. Bring your wallet too!! Just in case you see something you must have!!

Long term forecast looks very favorable!!

Still thinking of going??? Good choice. You could PM me if you have any questions!

Had a great time yesterday at the EPIC. Thank you to Dan, Steve and his wife for organizing and hosting the event. Thank you to Paul for bringing the yummy donuts, pastries, brownies and cupcakes. It was really nice meeting new people and seeing others again, it was interesting learning new things and sharing ideas others have come up with. It went well into the evening and if there is another one next year I'm sure I'll return.

Thanks again,

Al

Thanks  to Steve and  his wife for hosting the Epic and Dan  for organizing the event. Jack your helpful presentation about the way our hobby is headed was much appreciated.  Thank you  everyone who shared their knowledge with  all of us. The food and hospitality was great.                            Happy decorating,      Paul

Paul's baked goods were simply awsome and were they delicious!! His gingerbread men are pretty cool too. Nice fabrication work too. Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Archived