Elsa's Castle Coming Soon!

Thorrocks

Hi all! One of my big builds this year is going to be a façade of Elsa's castle from Frozen. Last year I incorporated "Let it go" into the display and it was a smashing success...Seeing as I myself as a huge fan of the film, it was only natural for me to do something over the top with it! So here's a scale model of what I'm planning to build for this year. Measuring in at about 36ft tall...it'll be my largest project to date! Back in 2012 I had built the Polar Express....August will be the starting date for the build so I'll be updating with progress photos!

post-13930-0-91146200-1350524793_thumb.j

post-13930-0-60159900-1402799821_thumb.j

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be creating both the castle and mountain. From there. you'll be able to walk through the entry way of the castle and into an area that's going to be drenched in white lights, snowflakes and even a large plexiglass floor that'll be illuminated from beneath to simulate ice. This will then lead into a walk way through a wooded path that'll showcase all the characters from the film.

Wow, sounds great. This year I am switching from mp3 files to mp4. With the FPD (falcon pi player) latest release you can sync sequences to movies. You could have the projector inside and have Elsa projected someplace. I am doing let it go this season. Your designs look so great. I could never get my wife to approve something this big. I look forward to seeing pictures Sean

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! Up next I'll be creating all the Charlie Brown characters. I'm thinking of recreating the Ice Skating scene, Christmas Tree lot and Snoopys House. As far as the material I've been using 1/4 inch ply with latex paint..Then finishing off with marine varnish

• 3 weeks later...

The Polar Express actually has a new home for next year. For the past two years I've been mentoring a young man who's 14 on all things Christmas. He's been a huge fan of my display and received his first controller last year. So I asked his parents if it was alright to gift him the train after this season. His mother was so excited! So It'll be a fun moment to give it to him

i cannot WAIT to see this finished ....

your polar express displays has been one of my favourite online displays for the past forever - i was gutted for you last year when it was damaged in the storms!!

Won't lie, I'm gutted you're giving it away and we won't be seeing it each year but at the same time ... it's a pretty amazing thing you're doing to gift it to someone!!

The Polar Express actually has a new home for next year. For the past two years I've been mentoring a young man who's 14 on all things Christmas. He's been a huge fan of my display and received his first controller last year. So I asked his parents if it was alright to gift him the train after this season. His mother was so excited! So It'll be a fun moment to give it to him

That is THE BEST! I wouldn't dare have wanted to deprive such a great kid of such an exciting gift :)

Thanks everyone! Up next I'll be creating all the Charlie Brown characters. I'm thinking of recreating the Ice Skating scene, Christmas Tree lot and Snoopys House. As far as the material I've been using 1/4 inch ply with latex paint..Then finishing off with marine varnish

Someone in my neighborhood made the decorated version of Snoopy's doghouse.  I couldn't figure out why they painted it blue until I went back and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas again.  It really is blue when it's decorated for the Christmas decorating contest!

TED

Archived