Has Anyone Dedicated Their Display

Not to sure how to ask this one. My father who helped me a lot with my display had a stroke and passed away the 25th of May this year. He was 71 years old when he passed. He was also an Army veteran. He also passed away during memorial day weekend.

I was thinking about doing my first 20 foot mega tree with 71 sets of lights one set for each year he lived.

I then was thought about getting in touch with the Dimented Elf and have him somehow dedicate this years display to my father.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this.

This year will be hard doing without him here but the show must go on.

I have thought about something similar. I have the soldiers christmas story play many times a night in my display for the soldiers and fallen soldiers that make what I do possible.  Sorry to hear about your father.. 

Not to sure how to ask this one. My father who helped me a lot with my display had a stroke and passed away the 25th of May this year. He was 71 years old when he passed. He was also an Army veteran. He also passed away during memorial day weekend.   I was thinking about doing my first 20 foot mega tree with 71 sets of lights one set for each year he lived.   I then was thought about getting in touch with the Dimented Elf and have him somehow dedicate this years display to my father.   I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this.   This year will be hard doing without him here but the show must go on.    
I agree with the show must go on, my father would tell me to do it, because he's disappointed in me if I didn't. Now on to a dedication. You could make a sign out of Coro with lights, "Dedicated to ---------- Passed on 5/25/14" Then make your mega tree but do red, white and blue lights in honor of his service

Thats a very cool idea I think its better to do something that only you know what the meaning is because every time you see that item you will think of him great idea.. My mother died when I was 17 she loved Christmas we were very very poor but she always tried to get us at least 1 thing even if it was something we needed more then wanted she tried and every time i put mine up i think of her and think how much she would like it..

The guy with the largest display in our area has dedicated his how to people the last few years.  Two years ago it was to a police officer who lost his life in the line of duty.  Lat year it was his brother in law.  This year his house is for sale.  I'm thinking about putting dedications in my Christmas show to three people who died this year.

Torqumada

Thank you for all of the responses, this year will be hard to do since I was close to my dad.

People of PC, my local LOR friends and going to my second Academy this year in Texas will keep me going in this awesome hobby.

Now I just need to keep programming my display for this year. I will get in contact with the demented elf for his services.

I am the show director for a charity Display in Clayton, CA which was originally conceptualized as a winter wonderland where families could create lasting Christmas memories and start new holiday traditions. However, the concept grew greatly in 2013 and "A Heart For Christmas" now serves as an outreach to raise awareness and donations for children suffering from terminal illness across the USA. Specifically, we are partnering with the Children's Organ Transplant Association and a darling little girl named Katie-Grace Groebner, who until last week was in need of a heart and lung transplant.

Katie was blessed enough to receive both a heart and pair of lungs last week and is now recovering at the Ronald McDonald House.

We aim to make "A Heart For Christmas" a special place where families can come and enjoy the lights and festivities all while supporting a great cause.

The display is truly a collaboration of love. Fourteen families are gathering together the weekend of Thanksgiving to put up the lights (in addition to the volunteers who are helping with web design, outreach, etc). In addition, companies such as Chik-Fil-A, Tintup, Jules Bianchi Photography, The Demented Elf, and Lights, Music, Magic! are supporting our project through various material donations.

:) Gives us purpose, you know?

Archived