Driveway Arches

cmd1971

Really undecided this year.  My driveway arches used to be green with garland that I would wrap and then I would put either white or blue lights on them.  The I went the candy cane route and repainted all the arches white and put red electrical tape over them to make them look like candy canes.  At the time Walgreens used to have red and white lights (on the same string) with with wire.  Well, they've stopped selling it and the lights are pretty much shot.  I'm considering changing up the arches but don't know what I should do.  Should I keep the arches candy cane striped or should I repaint them green and go the other route.  Very undecided.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I've used the white lights on the green wire before, but since the arches are painted white with red stripes I think it may look awkward.  Hobby Lobby does have white lights with white wire so that may work.  Maybe I'll just do white lights.

I highly recommend gray electrical conduit.  IT bends better, is flexible, but will take the wind.  It doesn't get brittle in the cold or wet as it is designed to be buried.,  Use at least 1 and 3/4 inch.  Anything smaller is not rigid enough  Regular white PVC (even schedule 40 tends kink

Archived