Virtual Santa, How Far Back To Project 4' Wide 3' Tall

xenon

Hey there...I'm not sure how much distance you have inside for your projector, if you don't have enough space to get the throw you need, you can use a little trick I use on stage all the time.  (I'm a set designer).  If you aim your projector from under the window facing the opposite wall, you can bounce the image off a mirror and then back onto your screen in the window.  This effectively doubles your throwing distance and, therefore, makes the image twice the size it would have initially been if you just shot from the wall to the window.  The only kicker is that your need to reverse your image or film (if direction is an issue, i.e. lettering, etc.) in the computer first.  Otherwise your video will be backwards.  I hope that helps! (if you need it:)

have not bought the projector yet, just wanted to know before I do.

But I think using the mirror, I can make it work.

the cabin is 10' x 14', but the slope of the roof cut into that distance in the attic.

thanks

The Virtual Santa that I have is a vertical projection so if the picture is 3' high it will not be 4' wide.  In my case, where I have 2 double hung windows side by side, I place large brightly wrapped packages in the non-Santa window and light them with floods.  I hang a black shower curtain to shield Santa from the lights.

Archived