Where To Buy Sp1 Wire

The SnowMan

I have always bought my wire from homedepot.....$42 for 250' rolls.  Homedepot.com has free shipping, but you have to search for "lamp cord"...SPT-1 doesn't bring it up.  There are cheaper prices for 1000' rolls, but by the time you add in shipping it is the same as HD. ChristmasLIghtshow.com has 1000' rolls for $132.

There are lots of places with the vampire plugs online.  I have bought all mine from ChristmasLightshow.com, they have some of the best prices at 10/$6 (60 cents each). 

No I do not work for ChristmasLightshow.

Im looking at making my own extension cords as I'm going to need 18-each 40' extension cords just for my trees. Where is the best place to buy that stuff.

If you want the "best" place to get it my opinion is that you should get it from Creative Displays.  The reason is that Creative Displays sells zip cord with UV inhibitor in the insulation.  As far as I know NONE of the other vendors have that.  I agree with Bill V. on the plugs.

ive bought mine at Action Lighting...plugs and wire

Action Lighting is one of my favorite vendors.  (They were the first vendor to sign up for the PLUS conventions.)  But their zip cord does not have UV inhibitor.

TED

P.S.  To both of you guys a contraction requires an apostrophe (I'm, I've).  Sorry for being the spelling Nazi but come on this is an easy one.

If you want the "best" place to get it my opinion is that you should get it from Creative Displays.  The reason is that Creative Displays sells zip cord with UV inhibitor in the insulation.  As far as I know NONE of the other vendors have that.  I agree with Bill V. on the plugs.

Action Lighting is one of my favorite vendors.  (They were the first vendor to sign up for the PLUS conventions.)  But their zip cord does not have UV inhibitor.

TED

P.S.  To both of you guys a contraction requires an apostrophe (I'm, I've).  Sorry for being the spelling Nazi but come on this is an easy one.

sorry Ted...i never really cared about contractions and apostrophes.... :P  :P  :P

lightyearcable.com

$86.70 for 1,000 ft

Bingo. Thank you

Hold on hold on hold on!!!  If you look closely at what it says that is for SOLID wire.  You DO NOT want solid wire!  Solid wire is NOT flexible.  It WILL break if you uncoil and coil it up every year.  Solid wire is intended for permanent installation only.  (This is also true for Cat5.)  The 16 gauge wire shows that it is available in both solid and stranded so maybe they are just out of stranded in 18 gauge.  (Maybe some of you already bought it all?)  If you want to order from them I suggest that you call and talk to someone so that you can make sure you are getting STRANDED wire.  This is VERY important!

TED

Thanks Ted,

I'm not seeing where it says solid core? I see 41 strands of bare copper. I will call them though.

I went back and looked at the page again.  It has been changed/updated since I saw it before.  Before it had some items listed as solid and some as stranded but that is gone now.  I also see that they have added GREEN colored wire for $90.  Apparently they figured out that the Christmas enthusiasts found them!  I wonder if they will start offering the plugs for zip cord.

TED

• 3 weeks later...

Archived