Time To Get Started

The Chief

Got light wall (24 polls / 7 sections) up, 18 foot mega tree up with half of 96 strands with red, white, blue, green up, star on top, red, white, blue, green icicles on two houses. Icicles are mounted on 14 foot pvc pipe and hung on 10 inch gutter nails. 2 Power panels with 20 breakers each set, will wire cords as needed to breakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Significantly behind here. Probably will be static lit on Dec 1 as planned, but the show section likely won't be completed until Friday the 5th. Undertook 3 major projects this year... don't know what I was thinking. Converting my show 10' trees to a welded steel rod structure so I never have to rig them again. Built a 20' "pole-less" walk-in mega tree, and doubled the amount of walking path with the forest & scenes to go along with the extended run. it's basically a shell right now, but it's going to be incredible. 

Good news is we survived the 25-30mph winds overnight with no discernible damage, so what we've done is good to go. Wednesday is going to be a washout but Thursday-Sunday is looking good, going to be a major sprint.

I have been doing a little here and a little there since the say after Halloween. Almost finished. Redid how I run cords and bought some waterproof containers to help prevent the GFI from tripping when it rains. I lost probably 8 days last year because of rain. Very disheartening. Also had electrician put outside outlets on their own breaker Turned most of it on tonight and found some snafus.

Archived