Who In The 757 Is Operational?

Ralph Priest

Greetings friends! We three amigos in Chesapeake are operational! So--who else? As always, we like to spread the word about good light displays/shows in area so that the families can find us. Priest Family Christmas, Holt Family Lights and Pugh Family are on-board.

Ralph, Paul's Winter Wonderland in Fredericksburg Va. is up and running. Wednesday at 4AM channel 7 ABC news in DC will broadcast live morning news and weather from Paul's Bakery parking lot.We are having a special fund raiser for Toys for Tots, They will leave around 8AM.

It took some doing but I barely finished Sunday before I had to hit the sack so I could leave for work at 4am on Monday. I also managed to get a new sign put together so I have my new station. Come by during a weekend, that is the only time that I am home now, and please let me know when it will be. I am brainstorming for next year and would love to have some ideas.

• 1 year later...

It's not a great photo, but we're up and running in Deltaville! 113,000 lights this year.

12303928_10102872317993766_8335625298498

I have to show off this new feature: Last year, we introduced the 20' tall "Walk-In Tree" - no pole in the middle, so kids could go inside. Great photo op. This year we added a control panel (rigged with illuminated buttons hooked into an LOR input pup) that kids can make the tree change color and spin, as well as turn on strobe lights. It's been a hit!

11224308_10102872309959866_885733272848712316452_10102872310054676_7506283626720

We are live - thanks to my son. If it wasn't for him, I'd be struggling. Thankfully he was paying attention all these years.

Were are you located Ralph? I forgot. I've been meaning to go by the last couple of years, but things keep getting in the way. My brother-in-law lives near Rose Petal, so I get to see them every year.

Archived