Hle 2015 Pre Sale

hotrod1965

The sale officially starts Dec 16th and runs through the end of February! All our pricing will be posted here http://www.holiday-light-express.com/ (For those who can't wait, it's roughly the same as last year's sale)

As in the past the same rules apply:

1. Orders over $1000 ship for free

2. There is a 2% discount for orders paid in full. 

3. You have an option to put 50% down and pay the balance once your order is fully in stock

4. You can purchase by the string, or save some money and buy the full case

What's new? 

1. Our strand design is changing a little. Still the same factory we have always used, but the rectifier is a little smaller which is making the leads 4 inch instead of 6 inch. I will get a video out on our YouTube channel shortly that shows the difference.  This change is only on new lights, so you may end up getting lights that we have in stock now that have the old style rectifier.  This is a very minor change and the old lights will work and look just fine with the new lights. 

2. C9 and C7 faceted bulbs will only be sold in 25 packs or cases of 1000. The ceramic style can still be purchases individually.  

3. We will be bringing in some T5 style lights in 50 count strands. It will only be 50 count strands, if they do well, we will look at expanding on to other lengths next year. 

4. We have a ton of lights in stock already which we can ship right away..... A full list of what is in stock is here http://www.holiday-l...tock_lights.php

Time line: 

1. Strand Lights: We have already purchased a container of strand lights that is due to be delivered in late February. Since things ran late last year... to be safe, we bought twice as many lights on our first load than last year! After the pre sale a second load will be purchased for fall delivery. If you order after the first container comes in (late February) and we don't have it in stock, your order will officially become a pre order. Pre orders will be delivered in late summer/early fall. If you are in a big hurry to get your lights in 2015, I would highly recommend you order sooner rather than later. We can't change what's on the container coming in, so if we run out, your order goes to pre order. 

2. SPT-1 wire, sockets, plugs, C7 and C9 bulbs ..etc: This order will be placed after the pre sale. (the very next day to be exact) That should put us at roughly a July delivery date. We will have a better estimate in March once the order is placed. 

Please feel free to post any questions you may have! 

Thank you again for your business and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas! 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love my last bulk order and I'll be back again.  

I know these are required- but is there away to get these in bulk with a much easier way to remove those stickers on every string?  Is there a way meet the requirement of mfg. but putting them *in* the bag with the lights or maybe as stickers on the plug ends that easily pull off?

It's just a significant time suck to bust out the box cutter and take of 2-3 of these off dozens of strings.

I'm sure I'm in the minority and can live with it (and we have for years right?) but just asking.

-Doug

Hi Doug

It's actually required to be on the light strand. We just went through this with an installer who got busted by osha because they needed proof they were outdoor rated.

I completely understand and just wanted to open a dialog about how the tags are attached or how easily they can be removed.

I'm impressed at how study the light strands are.  Only wish the M6 yellows were a tad brighter/richer looking like the yellow 5mm's.  

What's new? 

1. Our strand design is changing a little. Still the same factory we have always used, but the rectifier is a little smaller which is making the leads 4 inch instead of 6 inch. I will get a video out on our YouTube channel shortly that shows the difference.  This change is only on new lights, so you may end up getting lights that we have in stock now that have the old style rectifier.  This is a very minor change and the old lights will work and look just fine with the new lights. 

Will this change the strand length from 1st light to last light on the strand?

Alright stupid person question here Say I buy the bulk stringers, can I put them and put plugs on the end or will I have only 1, 1000 ft light string??

I think it would be fun to try and make one 1000ft strand, but you can cut them as needed so you can create custom length strands. 

In fact, I think the most you can run is about 600 feet before the internal resistance of the wire drops your voltage to a point where it won't like a bulb well. 

I"m sorting out what to get… 

Can you tell me/us what's brighter- the 5mm's or C6's.  I completely understand they are different in size/shape.   I have a very large tree and was hoping the M6's would punch a little more out than the 

I don't use C6 but my personal opinion is the 5MM gives of the same light appearance from a distance as a incandescent mini because the light source (LED or filament) is close in size.  I wouldn't use the 5mm on a mega tree.  The 4" spacing makes them too sparse.  I use M6 on my mega trees and 5mm for everything else.  C6 on a mega tree would also be nice.

If you're not sure you may want to pick up a couple strings from a big box store and compare.  I did a similar test last year which solidified what I liked on what elements.

Archived