Artificial Grass

Janet McConnell

Hello everyone.

I searched this site and couldn't find any topics related to artificial grass... specifically how to secure the decorations.   From what I have read on the artificial grass sites, it is not recommended to poke holes in artificial grass because weeds could come up through the spot and/or the hole might tear open even bigger.

So how would I, for example, keep a 'twig' Christmas tree from blowing/falling over?  The only thing I can think of is to use tree stands for every tree.

Or how could I put out yard lights?  For example, I put up candy cane lights one year and pushed the stakes for them in between the sidewalk and the artificial grass.  This was a good plan in theory because I didn't poke any holes in the artificial grass, but I had a problem with the candy cane slipping/tilting parallel to the sidewalk because the stake didn't have a firm grip.

I've read lots of creative ideas and I'm hoping you can help me out!

Thanks,

Janet

Make metal bases and use cinder blocks or concrete blocks, buckets with sand, etc...  the blocks could be painted or wrapped to look like presents.  or maybe lay a piece of plywood down, screw/fasten the items to that, set weights on it & in the front have a parapet or pony wall to hide the weights and fasteners.  it could be painted white to look like snow, or make it another display piece by holding signs, etc...

hope this helps, or gets the mental juices flowing at least. 

Between the lizards living in control boxes in Florida and now anchoring to artificial grass in Arizona, it is very entertaining reading about your different concerns and problems down south.  I just want the ground to freeze and get rid of this mud!

you could make small concrete stands.  For a couple of my Halloween and Christmas items I made stands using a round concrete mold (lowes sells them in a variety of diameters and 4' long).  Just cut it down to a couple inches high.  I put a piece of pvc in and then used a couple inches quickcrete....let it cure and then you have a weighted stand.  Heck paint it green to match the fake grass.

Archived