Reindeer On Roof

Rynelson

I am trying to figure out how to attach a 3D white wireframe reindeer to the peak of my roof without putting holes in the roof. I am also going to stand up the santa in sleigh 2D wireframe behind the deer. I am thinking some sandbags would hold the santa down, but I'm not sure about the four legged reindeer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I plan on doing this next year as well. Mine are just going to be sitting over the peak and not lifting off in the the air. I have 3 reindeer I'm going do plus a sled i have to make still. What i am doing is building a wood frame over the peak of the roof, and then on each side of the peak have the legs of the reindeer attach to the wood frame, i might have to add more support for the deer if that isn't enough. In a sense, the deer will be on a track over the peak of the roof. Frame will be weight down with sandbags. Hope this helps.

I usually make my wire-frame deer airborne - differently every year.  This year I put a heavy gauge wire over my roof attached to both eaves.  The idea was to attach the deer and sleigh using Carabiner clips to pre-designed locations on the wire.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough help this year and the roof was too steep to do it myself.  I use the full size deer (not sure they're made anymore), so they do have a good amount of weight.  I had to settle for placing them on the porch roof.

Having put wire-frames airborne for most of the past 13 years, my hat is off to all those even attempt it.  It takes a special kind of Christmas "enthusiast" to purse something that really does take a lot of work and planning. 

I have considered this for a few years, I set out 9 of the older full size deer as Tim stated above, but as they are older (they are so different from the cheap ones sold the last few years they are irreplaceable) I tend to get at least some light failures  and am always concerned that as we usually get some snow up here in the northeast I would not be able to get up on the roof safely to fix them.  Has anyone overcome this issue by some creative method? post-18002-0-26761000-1419863269_thumb.jpost-18002-0-43256800-1419863362_thumb.j

I've been replacing the lights with LEDs as well.  Takes some time, but the savings in electrical use is amazing.  However, finding white wire LEDs isn't always so easy.  I've gone with pure white, so that means I cannot mix the newly converted LED wire-frames and the incandescent deer.  I hope to get enough of the needed lights this year to finish the rest of my herd.

I have been slowly acquiring white  wire warm white 100 LEDs at local garden center when they go 75% off, with this in mind.  I agree that mixing incans and LEDs looks horrid.  BTW  Walmart had 50 warm white LED white wire sets today at 1/2 off @ 2.50 each........since I have 9 deer and a sleigh that would mean somewhere around 3000 lights!  I may just bite the bullet and convert to blow mold.

I attached blow mold reindeer to pressure treated  2x4s a few years back. I wrapped the metal reindeer stands with wire and screwed the wire to the 2s.x  There was a 2x4 on each side of the roof ridge, painted the one on the road side black so you couldn't see it.  I imagine this method could be made to work with wire frames also.

post-11210-0-80217600-1419997872_thumb.j

post-11210-0-05723000-1419997886_thumb.j

Archived