Who Has Put Minis And C9's Together On Roof?

mwalz

So i have my roof outlined with colored LED c9's from Target. The ones with only a single LED inside. I was thinking for next year putting those up, but also adding a strand of mini LED's with them. I though about icicle lights but I'm not a huge fan of them. Just wondering who has tried this and what the results were.

Just my opinion, I've used both(not together) but on two different years. I'll have to say that I like the C9's MUCH better. It gives a more "distinct" light and doesn't seem to get "lost" in the display as the minis did. I'm one of the only 3 computerized displays in our county. One of the other 3 in a neighboring town, seems to subscribe to the theory that MORE is better. I don't necessarily agree with that,but again, that's just my opinion. Just a suggestion, if you haven't already taken down your display, put up a couple of strands to see how you like them. If you don't like them,it will save you some time on setup next season. Cliff

Just my opinion, I've used both(not together) but on two different years. I'll have to say that I like the C9's MUCH better. It gives a more "distinct" light and doesn't seem to get "lost" in the display as the minis did. I'm one of the only 3 computerized displays in our county. One of the other 3 in a neighboring town, seems to subscribe to the theory that MORE is better. I don't necessarily agree with that,but again, that's just my opinion. Just a suggestion, if you haven't already taken down your display, put up a couple of strands to see how you like them. If you don't like them,it will save you some time on setup next season. Cliff

Good point,  still have the whole house, bushes, and 3 mega trees to get down. Will have to try that and see, i do know what you mean about the c9's being more distinct. I like them better for an outline on the roof. More is only better if you don't clutter the yard with things like blowmolds, but then again, that's my opinion....

Archived