Virginia Mini

Andy Anderson

It is time to start thinking about the Virginia Mini.  The past several years we have held it the third Saturday in May.  If we stick to that date the mini will be on Saturday May 16.  As of yet no one has offered to host the mini this year.  If anyone is interested in hosting the mini now is the time to volunteer.  Yes, there is some work involved in hosting the mini.  You will need to secure a location and some other items needed that day.  If you are interested in hosting the mini please contact me via this thread or by private message. 

Andy Anderson

Hi Andy, May 16 th  sounds good. I was wondering when you would start this going but I did not want to be pushy. Fredericksburg is always possible but  lets see where this goes. There is a big  NC. gathering in Raleigh tomorrow but because of bad weather it's  not worth taking the chance.                 

Paul

Paul,

Yes, I was a little slow getting started on the mini this year.  The past three months have not been the best for me.  I am not going into detail.  Anyway Matthew Satterwhite called this me past week and inquired about it and that got me going on finding someone to host the mini.  Fredericksburg would be a good location.  Do you have an available location?

Of course some of our Northern Virginia attendees could also volunteer a location.

Prevue12,

I am fairly sure you will go home with more than one new idea for your display.  A big part of our mini is devoted to what the attendees are doing in their own display.  It is always nice to see what others are doing with their displays.

Andy

Go for it  Ralph. See what  you can get going. We can  always ride together from the north, but I thought maybe you had already hooked up with North   Carolina. I'm just kidding. ha ha  I hope you had fun on Sat. in Raleigh.Anyway this is just one big happy family even though we are all addicts.

Can't believe it is already March, where has the time gone, I still have the mega-tree up. Anyways, Paula and I are planning to be at the mini no matter where it is held. We have learned something each time we have went and have enjoyed meeting ad talking with everyone.

Haven't been able to make the last few, something always seems to come up. Hoping to see everybody again and catch up on what everyone else is up to wherever the mini is held this year.

Some of us in the southeast corner of Virginia have talked about hosting the mini. We would certainly be interested if we could get enough support from our fellow members.

Ralph,

Have you had any luck with anyone volunteering to host the mini?  Securing the location is probably the hardest part.  The mini pretty much runs itself. 

Andy

Archived