2015 Christmas Expo

Zman

Wow, with the site jumping back and forth, my head hurts and my posts keep getting toasted. I hope this one stays up!

Whew! OK, 2 announcements in one:

The site of this years Christmas Expo has bee announced. It will be in Ft Worth, Texas on July 16-18. Check out the Facebook or webpages for more info.

Work is underway on the curriculum. Pass along any requests!

-------------------------------------------------

We are pleased have an early announcement on Facebook and the forums,  that Sean Meighan, Dave Pitts & Chris Pinkham, will all be present at Expo. There will be curriculum around, and a booth dedicated to, Falcon, Nutcracker/XL, FPP etc…. 

Early registration is open through the end of March. Sign up on the website below, or follow on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasExpo
http://www.christmasexpo.com/

The curriculum will be ready before the schedule. We are still weeks away from having the final class list finalize. Only then can we work on the schedule.

My vote would be to come all three days. It will be an education rich event for sure.  

I'll take responsibility for all head hurting when it comes to the forums jumping around :blink: .  This one will stay put... though the skin will be updated soon.

Christmas Expo in DFW.  Cooooooool!  Can you arrange for Dallas Cowboy stadium tours?  I'd love to see us on that really giant screen TV  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm too am waiting to sign up - but for a different reason.  I'm waiting to see what the classes are.   :unsure:   

And since you asked for topics... here is my dream class lineup (not too hard and not too easy).

How to DIY items for cost savings, e.g. getting weather proof/flexible LED strips in bulk, cutting them down to size and then how to power them and get them to work with LOR.

Using nutcracker and audacity and then importing these items into LOR sequencing

How to use projectors to amp up your display

Explain the AusChristmasLighting 101 (perhaps a 50.5 version?)

And lots and lots of vendors with best of the year pricing (a girl can dream).

Janet, right now we are getting the classes/instructors lined up / finalized. That will still be taking place for the next several weeks.

However, out of your wish list, I can say there is curriculum around almost all your suggestions. Using a projector is currently not something we have considered, but I will bring it up in our next meeting. There is a Projection Mapping class, albeit, that is an advanced topic.

The ACL 101. Breaking that entire document down is a daunting task I realize. Again, there will be a lot of topics that relate to the material. It will be our goal to get as detailed a class description as possible once we do publish the curriculm. that way you can determine what is best to take.

For Nutcracker, Sean Meighan, Mr. Nutcracker will be on hand to provide a class, plus there will be a dedicated area set up for Falcon Pi Player, Nutcracker, Raspberry Pi etc.....

Kevin Dunn will be there to teach Audacity.

Last year we had I believe 20+ vendors most running Expo specials.

Keep checking, we should start making updates soon.

This part I am looking forward to.. you have an innovative way of doing sequences and very helpful for me. That plus you are just a down to earth kinda guy.. I have met you, talked face to face and worked with you many times... You guys need to attend his classes.. I hope to catch the more advanced work you do this year.. I understand much more than last year thanks to you.. 

• 2 months later...

I'm getting SO EXCITED about seeing everybody at Christmas Expo!!!!  I have my airline tickets purchased but have not made a hotel reservation. Where are you all staying?

Should I rent a car?

I hope everyone will stop over at my booth and say "hi" and come to my concert. I'll be doing some "House on Christmas Street" karaoke too!

And i'm really looking forward to taking Kevin Dunn's Audacity class!!!

xoxoxo

Judy

PS.. what happened to my signature?

Hi Judy,

I'm planning on stopping by and talking to you about your customized song for my show. I'm staying at the Extended Stay hotel near the Hawthorne Suites that apparently several of the instructors are staying.

I'm getting a rental car but maybe someone local can let you kow about public transportation.

See you there! :)

Al

Hi Judy,

I'm planning on stopping by and talking to you about your customized song for my show. I'm staying at the Extended Stay hotel near the Hawthorne Suites that apparently several of the instructors are staying.

I'm getting a rental car but maybe someone local can let you kow about public transportation.

See you there! :)

Al

Great Al! I'm looking forward to talking with you!!

Judy

Unfortunately, we've learned that Kevin Dunn had something arise that will prevent him from coming to Expo and teaching the Audacity class. However, anyone interested in learning Audacity can attend John Storms' class on Sequencing the Fun & Easy Way to get the Audacity information. You may even see me in that class - I use Audacity but know there's more features that I haven't been using. It's a cool little program!

Archived