8Th Annual Virginia Mini

Andy Anderson

The 8th Annual Virginia Mini will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2015.  Matthew Satterwhite has graciously offered to host the mini again this year.  The location will be Hanover Academy located at 115 Frances Road in Ashland, VA 23005.   Hanover Academy is just off I95 in Ashland which is on the north side of Richmond. 

The minis are an excellent opportunity to meet with other Christmas lighting enthusiasts to share ideas, design plans, implementation, sequencing or just to meet other with the same goals in Christmas lighting displays.

We want to allow time for everyone attending to introduce themselves and tell us about their favorite display element. We want to give you a heads up so you can prepare to either bring the element or take pictures or videos of it and describe the details of how you built it and how it works.  This could take some time, but we'll all learn so much more!  Anything from your display that you would like to share with the group.  Talk about why it is special to you, or why you made it, how you made it or anything you want to share about it.  There is always a story to tell. 

We will provide drinks.  Like last year we are asking everyone to bring some food to share with the group for lunch.  Cost will be $5 per person to pay for use of the building.

Further details will be announced later.  We will probably start with a meet and greet about 11:00 AM, with lunch at noon.  Then start the mini at 1:00 PM and be over by 4:00 PM

Matthew & I look forward to seeing everyone.

Thank you Andy and Matt. Ashland is central to all and the gym works perfect. Noel and I will be there with cupcakes,donuts and homemade potato salad and a few new ideas to share. I will even bring  a few gingerbread boys for door prizes like last year. See everyone on May 16 th.

Andy, 

Paula and I are planning on attending,  I would like to make sure you have no problems with me posting this information on the other Christmas Forums that I am on and have talked with other people that have not attended this meeting in the past.

Steve.

Andy, 

Paula and I are planning on attending,  I would like to make sure you have no problems with me posting this information on the other Christmas Forums that I am on and have talked with other people that have not attended this meeting in the past.

Steve.

Steve,

Go ahead and post it on any other forums that you want except for the LOR forum as it needs to be approved and in the Vendor Marketplace since we are charging admission.  I will get it posted there later this week.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
I have 25 LOR 16 channel controllers for sale.  7 are the 40 amp controllers in metal cases and the rest are 30 

Amp in plastic cases.  All have been protected in water proof enclosures during the Christmas seasons.  I also 

have 10 CCR’s for sale.  The controllers for the CCR’s are mounted in two water proof containers.  My asking 

price will be 70% of the price LOR has during the spring sale.  At the end of last season 399 of 400 channels 

were working.

If anyone is interested, I will meet them at the mini because I really don't to pack these and ship these.

If you want to contact me directly, my e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks,

We have two more sponsors for the Virginia Mini.

We received a package from Paul Sessel of CDI today filled with door prizes.

We also received two gift certificates from Light O Rama.

Thanks to both for helping to sponsor our event.

What do you know, after 2 years of conflicts I'm finally able to attend another mini. Getting pretty excited and looking forward to seeing everybody again.

Hi Andy,

I'll be at the Mini with my "Famous" BBQ meatballs. ;)

I haven't made anything new since I didn't do my show last year. Do you think there are enough people this year that weren't there last year to warrant me bringing a PVC gift package as I did last year? I do now have a website I can mention during the intros.

See everyone on Saturday!

Later,

Al

Archived