I'M BACK AND LOVING IT !!!!

Christmasjunkie

HI all, I'm Christmas Junkie, the guy who posted a thread 2 years ago about taking a year off. That year, I finally decided not to animate, but just did some simple static lights on my bushes when I found out company was coming.  I took the year off.

Today I took the afternoon off from work--AND STARTED HANGING LIGHTS..... I'M BACK !!  More accurately, I got some help from a friend at work and we pulled my version of the Hollman Bethlehem Star onto the roof!!!!  I got most of the C-9's screwed back in and tonight it's partly lit up.  I'm so excited to see it light up my front yard again. I have one of the circuits plugged in wrong so I've got to go back up and fix a connection, but I don't care...I'M BACK!  The star is always the first thing to go up as it is the most work of anything I do.  It's heavy and requires some help to get up on the roof.  Screwing in 175 bulbs takes a couple of hours on the roof and hanging on an extension ladder,.  The sandbags kill my back getting them up the ladder--BUT I DON'T CARE ...I'M BACK !!  There are lots of reasons why people take time off:  health, family issues, moving, finances,all sorts of very valid reasons.  I had mine.  But tonight I stood our in the rain for 30 minutes just looking at a partially-lit star and loved it. I have black paint on my hands, glue on my clothes and a sore back but.....  I'M BACK!  YAHOO!  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

Everyone has their own reasons for taking a break or stopping altogether. Do to sad issues I stopped and sold everything in 2012. No lights, decorations no nothing. When my neighbor across the street got his best decorated sign I stole it and put it in my yard wth a flashlight aimed at it lol. This year decided to bring the magic back. Jumped into LOR, 70,000 lights and a drained bank account. But I will tell you it is an awesome feeling putting things together that really don't look that good during the day then you check it at night with the lights on and WOW. Yes I'm with you on everything you stated. LOVE ALL OF IT. 

Alan 

may everyone have a great Christmas and follow the lights to fun. 

• 2 months later...

HI all, I'm Christmas Junkie, the guy who posted a thread 2 years ago about taking a year off. That year, I finally decided not to animate, but just did some simple static lights on my bushes when I found out company was coming.  I took the year off.

Today I took the afternoon off from work--AND STARTED HANGING LIGHTS..... I'M BACK !!  More accurately, I got some help from a friend at work and we pulled my version of the Hollman Bethlehem Star onto the roof!!!!  I got most of the C-9's screwed back in and tonight it's partly lit up.  I'm so excited to see it light up my front yard again. I have one of the circuits plugged in wrong so I've got to go back up and fix a connection, but I don't care...I'M BACK!  The star is always the first thing to go up as it is the most work of anything I do.  It's heavy and requires some help to get up on the roof.  Screwing in 175 bulbs takes a couple of hours on the roof and hanging on an extension ladder,.  The sandbags kill my back getting them up the ladder--BUT I DON'T CARE ...I'M BACK !!  There are lots of reasons why people take time off:  health, family issues, moving, finances,all sorts of very valid reasons.  I had mine.  But tonight I stood our in the rain for 30 minutes just looking at a partially-lit star and loved it. I have black paint on my hands, glue on my clothes and a sore back but.....  I'M BACK!  YAHOO!  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

I'm slow in my reply since I just saw this but I'm so happy for you that you found your way back (and also found your way back "home" here to P.C.)!  How did your display turn out?

Everyone has their own reasons for taking a break or stopping altogether. Do to sad issues I stopped and sold everything in 2012. No lights, decorations no nothing. When my neighbor across the street got his best decorated sign I stole it and put it in my yard wth a flashlight aimed at it lol. This year decided to bring the magic back. Jumped into LOR, 70,000 lights and a drained bank account. But I will tell you it is an awesome feeling putting things together that really don't look that good during the day then you check it at night with the lights on and WOW. Yes I'm with you on everything you stated. LOVE ALL OF IT. 

Alan 

may everyone have a great Christmas and follow the lights to fun. 

I'm glad you found you way back too!  I hope this means that the sad issues you experienced have either improved or have become easier to deal with!

TED

I just saw the comments on my post....I'm slow I know.  Thanks to all for the good wishes.  TED...My display was the same it's been for 2 years but I don't care.  My front yard was alive and it blessed my heart.  I even did a new sequence on the fly after I started operating.   Actually edited it as it was playing.  Ran it...made changes....Ran it again...more changes.  Had a ball. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Archived