Hanging Lights in Big Trees

Christmasjunkie

Over the years my trees have gotten bigger and  bigger.  My flowering pear is one of the keys to my display.  It is about 25 feet tall now and the limbs are much too soft and small to climb.  I have been using a long pole to drape lights in it for some years but it has outgrown the pole now.  I priced renting lifts to get me up there but they are extremely expensive.  Suggestions?

Have you looked at orchard ladders? They are three legged ladders that are way more stable on unlevel ground than conventional step ladders. I use a sixteen foot orchard ladder and the telescoping handle from a pool cleaning brush. That gives me  like 12+ feet of vertical ht. with the ladder  + fully extended pole at 15'  so I can reach like 34'.  I do use a lift on other parts of my display but do three big trees with the pole method.

http://www.stokesladders.com/products/ladder-orchard-aluminum-tripod.asp

Ladders are not cheap but these are really well made and I have been using mine for 6 years now. If you have a really steep or out of level yard I would suggest the telescoping third leg option.

Archived