HLE Pre order sale 2016

hotrod1965

19 hours ago, drkness said:

It looks really nice, How do you like it? Far as quality and how well does it clamp onto the conduit?

It's solid plastic so it isn't flimsy at all. It comes with a nut and bolt to tighten it down. I didn't really crank it down and it fit snug. I think if I were to leave this outside I'd probably put some sort of fail safe under it so it didn't come crashing down. Not that it seems to need one, it would just help me sleep better. But its still standing today with the weight of 16 strands on it! 

I'm just finishing up a part two to the tree video that shows the controller config and the xlights config and some basic programming. 

20 hours ago, drkness said:

It looks really nice, How do you like it? Far as quality and how well does it clamp onto the conduit?

FYI, Instead of conduit I used fence rail and placed the topper in the swedge part of the pipe and it will stop at the end of the swedge and all you do is tighten the screw just enough so it won't spin, cuz it will want to spin when the wind hits the pixel strips, also if you to attach the pixels to pixel strips use a 1/2" wrench to push the strip over the pixel it works great and saves on the fingers and cuts your install time tremendously. 

The toppers created by Boscoyo and HolidayCoro are simply amazing!  Definitely would buy one again!

I have 32 x 60 pixel strands on my mega tree and tried using the 1 3/8 fence rail.  It failed miserably.   I put a beautiful 6' smooth radius 90 degree bend in the pole trying to put it up due to the weight of the pixels, topper and pixstrips.  1 1/2 conduit....same thing.  I had to go up to 2" conduit before I could raise it without bending the pole.  A 2' section of the fence rail remains in the topper and then just slips into the top of my 2".

14 minutes ago, qberg said:

The toppers created by Boscoyo and HolidayCoro are simply amazing!  Definitely would buy one again!

I have 32 x 60 pixel strands on my mega tree and tried using the 1 3/8 fence rail.  It failed miserably.   I put a beautiful 6' smooth radius 90 degree bend in the pole trying to put it up due to the weight of the pixels, topper and pixstrips.  1 1/2 conduit....same thing.  I had to go up to 2" conduit before I could raise it without bending the pole.  A 2' section of the fence rail remains in the topper and then just slips into the top of my 2".

LOL   What on earth do you have hangin' off your pixel tree?

I have a 32x50 360 degree 16ft tall pixel tree w/HC's qt3 topper and with brians globe on top and that has 200 pixels on it and I used 3 guy wires and it stayed perfectly even  thru some 40 mph gusts, and I used the fence rail........It worked like a champ.

In fact I have a regular Mega tree that has 7200 C6 lights and a Darrell's 3D star and 50 zeion strobes and it stands 23 ft tall and I only used 1 1/2 pipe to hole all that weight in fact it's so heave I use a boat wench to crank the light to the top.

Sorry to laugh but what I just read sounded so comical.....   Maybe you should stay away from that Chinese pipe stuff (LOL) :D

GMAC...I have the holidaycoro tree topper and holiday coro pixstrips.  32x60 strands of the square node pixels.  On top I have the 3' wireframe star I converted with 20 RGB nodes inside and posted about...it might weigh a couple pounds tops.  Pole is 19' (2.5' slides down into ground sleeve).

Better question....where are you getting your fence rail from?  I tried the 10' sections from Lowes.  I am thinking it must come in different wall thicknesses from different suppliers.

Comical would be the look on my face as my 7 year old daughter keeps telling me the pole is bending as I am standing it up...I figured it was bowing a little.  Nope...as I got the base near vertical I look over my shoulder and see the star still touching the ground!

In the past I just put up the pole (1" conduit) and star (base had hooks) and then hung the 60 x 100 count incan strands once the pole was up.  With the holiday coro rgb tree topper I am stuck walking the pole up to vertical with everything attached and then placing it in the ground sleeve.

Maybe thats the difference...... the way we install our trees..............To answer your question about fence rail, I just went to a local fence company and got 2 10' pieces I think they were around $25.00

and it seems we both have the HC toppers and pixel strips . I didn't install mine as in HC's videos...........I attached the topper to the end of the fence rail then attached the 2 pcs of fence rail together

I welded 3 pcs of 4' re bar together and drove them into the ground around 30", the lifted the fence pole and topper with globe (only) and slid it down over the re bar attached my guy wires. 

Then went up a ladder and hooked up my pixel strips, but not the way HC showed in his video I got pixel strip clips from Christmas light show.com and I attached the clips on to the strip before and

all I had to do was go up the ladder and drop the clips into the topper, to attach 32 strips took less than 10 min. Doing it that way there was virtually no weight getting the pole in an upright position

if fact I was able to lift the pole and Globe by my self and slide it down over the re bar. 

One more point on the quality pf the poles, With all the rain we had the ground area where the tree was positioned  was sloppy wet and the evening before I was to take it down one of my guy

wire stakes pulled out and the tree came tumbling down, It even pulled out the re bar that was approx 3' in the ground. My point is the 2 fence poles didn't bend and fortunately nothing broke.

Just placed my order last night for strings to build my new (real) mega tree. So far my "mega" tree has been a few strings of 5mm LED's about 14-15 feet high hanging off a corner of my gutter. I'll now have a 22' tall tree with 96 strings with 4 colors of 70ct C6's. :P

Hope to do our show this year but with moving plans not sure if it'll work or not. Thanks for having your pre-sale go until the end of this month.

Later,

Al

5 hours ago, Al Saunders said:

Just placed my order last night for strings to build my new (real) mega tree. So far my "mega" tree has been a few strings of 5mm LED's about 14-15 feet high hanging off a corner of my gutter. I'll now have a 22' tall tree with 96 strings with 4 colors of 70ct C6's. :P

Hope to do our show this year but with moving plans not sure if it'll work or not. Thanks for having your pre-sale go until the end of this month.

Later,

Al

Now that sounds like a REAL MEGA TREE!!!............. Wayta GO

• 1 month later...

Alright, just finished unloading a container of strands! Lots of orders are going to start shipping on Monday! Please give us a couple days to get caught up. 

Other items such as SPT-1 wire, strobes, C9 bulbs..etc are still on track for delivery in late June. RGB strands should be arriving in early May. 

Thanks again for all your orders! 

Archived