the draw back of buying lights

drkness

Oh how I hate going through and opening all of these poly bags and checking to make sure they work. Need I say the tags on the lights, such a pet peeve, they need to go.

On a side note, Let me just say, Brian and the guys from holiday-light-express.com are awesome, probably wasn't the easiest person to deal with. 

Merrymidget, I am with you on that. I usually take my new lights and hang them from my 2nd story bannister for a good week or so. That helps, but they can still be a pain depending on the application. If I didn't have that 2nd story I don't know what I would do.

2 hours ago, KeysNole said:

Merrymidget, I am with you on that. I usually take my new lights and hang them from my 2nd story bannister for a good week or so. That helps, but they can still be a pain depending on the application. If I didn't have that 2nd story I don't know what I would do.

I do something similar-on my second story deck I hold one end of the strand in my hand while letting the strand hang free in mid air over the railing,then use my other hands thumb and index finger to untwist the bunched up wiring,pulling up the strand as I get foot by foot of the strand unbunched- not sure why they have so much excess twist to them,must be a byproduct of the manufacturing method- but I have many older light sets over the years{decades?} that I never remember having to do this on when they were brand new?

Archived