Help with LED brightness

Linsey05

I'm new at the serious light display 

2 yrs ago we replaced our mini incandescent white lights (roof & eve lines) for LED 

They aren't nearly as bright as the incandescent. It almost looks like the house is in a fog, if that makes sense. 

Is there a BRIGHT LED that will be just as bright as the regular light???

I'm looking for a picture of our house with last year's lights and can't find it 

Thanks for being such a great group!! 

I don't know where you got your LED's... I purchase mine from some of the vendors on this site... but I have the opposite result.  The LED's are so bright that I sequence them all with a maximum on of 75% because if I do 100% it hurts to look at them.  My suggestion is to get good, well made LED lights from vendors here and avoid the big box store ones. 

I had the exact same problem you did.  I have purchased them from Lowes and they were really dim.  Made a full-wave rectifier but they were still not that great.  In the end I purchased high quality ones from http://www.holiday-light-express.com/ and http://www.environmentalled.com/  They were so much brighter.  I got empty stringers so I could cut to length and then since you buy each bulb individually you can set whatever pattern your want.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I get most of my LEDs from HD and Target after Christmas sales and they are super bright. Most of the old incans that I have used have faded to a warm white so I have phases them out. For the last five years I have been all LED and love them. No more worry about limiting three sets to an extension cord. I did buy 60 sets or soft white last year from Costco and they are junk. Every single box had missing bulbs, they had fallen out of their sockets either during shipment or a lazy factory worker neglected to install them. Then while hanging them this fall there were two sets that were complete fails and one that was a half fail. I noticed that the same lights are in the local Costco stores this year and I'd stay clear from them. Other than that the HD and Target lights are still going strong and at a much lower cost than the online variety.

Archived