Batter Powered LEDs w Photocell

CousinEddie

Hello lighting enthusiasts. First time poster. Ive been playing with lights since I was a kid so I'm thrilled to have stumbled upon this forum and like minded individuals  

I've got a situation. I live in a 2 story center hall colonial. Eleven windows. Eleven wreaths. I'd like to light those wreaths, but the boss does not want extension cords hanging down the side of the house. Battery powered LEDs would be great except I obviously can't get the ladder out every night to turn them on. Anyone familiar with battery powered LEDs that have a photocell that automatically turns them on?

I know some have timers but my understanding is that you still have to manually turn them on every night and then the timer turns them off. A timer that turned the lights on as well as off would fit the bill. Is there such a thing?

Any other ideas?  Thanks in advance. 

I purchased the phillips solar lights from target a few years ago.  They have a photo cell to turn them on, then run until they go dim.  Charge during the next day and do it all over again.    I know the one string is four years old and still is going, just not as long into the night - prolly time to change the batteries.... LOL     

I also have some battery candles that you turn on once, then they remember the time and run for either 4 or 8 hours (depending on your setting) and turn off.  Then the cycle runs from then on........ so on at 7 and off at 11 each night.   I think I have seen some light sets with that option too, just don't remember where at the moment.

Thanks. I'll look into those. I did find a set in amazon that has a timer that turns them on. It wasn't laid out in the description but according to the Q and A section they do. I ordered one string. We will see about that and I'll update here in case anyone else is in the same boat. 

"Nut Hut of Lights".  I like that.  I had considered running the cords through the window, but was concerned that the window wouldn't be sealed and there is not a plug handy inside all of the windows.  Maybe the window would seal up better than I think, but having a cord pinched in the window frame seems like a recipe for disaster.

Archived