2017 Suggestions

hotrod1965

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hotrod1965 said:

Pre sale is just around the corner! We will kick it off on December 15h.

As in past years we welcome your suggestions. If there are products or services you'd like to see. Please don't be shy. You can post them here or send us a PM. 

Ive been meaning to ask you for a while , could you tell me how a c7led opaque warm white would look in a blow mold?

Ive tried the facelit ones, and both cool white usually doesn't work well, but the warm white just isn't bright enough, or look like an incan. iyo would a opaque led warm while look more like a traditional ican?

Neon Rope Lights will be the rage in 2017! They're just starting to peek out this season. The people who do wire sculptures will surely upgrade some of them to neon.

Some of them are also capable of doing effects. You are seeing more and more commercial establishments with neon - this will catch on with decorators and consumers.

1 hour ago, neonexpresso said:

What website is your so I can get ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

http://www.holiday-light-express.com

i forgot signatures dont show up in mobile devices.

53 minutes ago, Rush0212 said:

Ive been meaning to ask you for a while , could you tell me how a c7led opaque warm white would look in a blow mold?

Ive tried the facelit ones, and both cool white usually doesn't work well, but the warm white just isn't bright enough, or look like an incan. iyo would a opaque led warm while look more like a traditional ican?

The opaque's absorb the light, which is how the create a "glow" effect. So they are less directional than the faceted bulbs. But, they aren't designed to throw light outward, just glow and look like ceramic bulbs. So I'm not sure they will be much better for your molds. 

Not a big deal but while you carry c9 stringers it would be nice if you also carried the individual c9 sockets that can be added to spt wire.  Makes it useful when you need to have just 1 or two lights (like strobes) and do not need a complete stringer.

19 hours ago, hotrod1965 said:

As in past years we welcome your suggestions. If there are products or services you'd like to see. Please don't be shy. You can post them here or send us a PM. 

I would love some of the "old school" look of clear C9 bulbs. I don't know where places like Disney and Bass Pro get theirs, but they are pretty darn accurate. I ordered a pack from you guys last season hoping they would be similar and they aren't. To get the same effect the lenses definitely need to be clear.

19 hours ago, ccrowder said:

Not a big deal but while you carry c9 stringers it would be nice if you also carried the individual c9 sockets that can be added to spt wire.  Makes it useful when you need to have just 1 or two lights (like strobes) and do not need a complete stringer.

We have these... looks like they were hiding in the C7 category!  I've moved them into C9 now.

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/C9_stringers.php

17 hours ago, KeysNole said:

I would love some of the "old school" look of clear C9 bulbs. I don't know where places like Disney and Bass Pro get theirs, but they are pretty darn accurate. I ordered a pack from you guys last season hoping they would be similar and they aren't. To get the same effect the lenses definitely need to be clear.

Like the one in this pic in the upper right?

C9-LED-Lights.jpg

On 12/8/2016 at 8:29 PM, hotrod1965 said:

Blowmolds?

1 hour ago, joshua2415 said:

Yes, that's them. 

They are very very directional. We had them a few years ago and they didn't sell well so we quick stocking them. 

What colors are folks looking for? 

1 hour ago, Franchise_24 said:

Blowmolds?

Thats a tough business to get into. They take up a lot of space and are expensive to ship.

2 hours ago, hotrod1965 said:

We have these... looks like they were hiding in the C7 category!  I've moved them into C9 now.

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/C9_stringers.php

Like the one in this pic in the upper right?

C9-LED-Lights.jpg

Yes. When I spoke to a gentleman on the phone he said he did not think you guys carried them any longer.

2 hours ago, hotrod1965 said:

They are very very directional. We had them a few years ago and they didn't sell well so we quick stocking them. 

What colors are folks looking for? 

Me personally, I was looking for warm white.  I'd like to duplicate the old school look as close as possible.  I may just have stick with the faceted ones...

On 12/8/2016 at 8:29 PM, hotrod1965 said:

Wish list:

T5's in 100ct (I guess 70ct would do... 50 is just so short...)

C6's in ceramic/opaque 100ct

Love the C9 ceramic retro's I bought this year. They are fantastic!

6 hours ago, Stephen Blue said:

Wish list:

T5's in 100ct (I guess 70ct would do... 50 is just so short...)

C6's in ceramic/opaque 100ct

Love the C9 ceramic retro's I bought this year. They are fantastic!

I don't think C6 in ceramic is doable. 

But, I can do 100ct T5, you would just have to order in full case quantities. I believe the cost is pretty close to the same as M5 100ct strands. 

I would love to have someone make an LED C7 in ceramic that actually looks like the classic incan C7 lights. Every set I've tried they are too plastic looking. Why can't the LED be inside a ceramic outer shell? And the colors are way off. I'm looking for that soft glow, not the harsh, cold color that all the sets I've tried give off. So, anything new coming with LED's that look like and glow like the traditional incan lights?

I found a bright white LED at Home Depot made by Meridian that's the closest thing to incandescent I've seen so far on the market. What intrigued about this lamp, it has a glass envelope and not plastic. That got me thinking, "What if they ceramic colored the glass envelope like GE did in the 60's? Would that produce the same vintage ceramic C9 and C7 look?" I tried a little experiment illustrated below and was pleased with the results. Now if I could only convince an LED manufacturer to do this...

GE-Meridian.jpg

bright-white-w-1.jpg

Wow, excellent idea. Those ceramic colors are some of the best that were ever made, especially the red. I think it has to just be a matter of time before someone makes a ceramic LED light in Christmas lights. I know many people love LED, but there are also a ton of us that much prefer the look of the incan. Someday the two will come together to give us the benefits of LED, with the true glow of an incan. Then they could move to try to replicate the glow of incan mini lights. One can hope can't they?

9 hours ago, Oldstuff said:

Wow, excellent idea. Those ceramic colors are some of the best that were ever made, especially the red. I think it has to just be a matter of time before someone makes a ceramic LED light in Christmas lights. I know many people love LED, but there are also a ton of us that much prefer the look of the incan. Someday the two will come together to give us the benefits of LED, with the true glow of an incan. Then they could move to try to replicate the glow of incan mini lights. One can hope can't they?

You know if they can replicate the the old style edison bulb with LED (cant tell the difference until its turned off) then i would imagine they should be able to replicate these! 

I do like the glow of ceramic but i also do like the faceted ones that i have, to me they put off a glow. But this is also up on a 2nd story roof. 

@hotrod1965 I received a big order and installed a slew of 5mm LED strands connected with SPT-1 and Vamp Plugs, but realized the Male Zip Plugs you gentlemen sell are 2-prong (1 big prong, 1 small prong). The Female plug on the 5mm LED strands will only receive a male plug with 2 identical small prongs. I'd like to be able to connect some of the 5mm LED strands with SPT-1 wire and male zip plugs. Any change of you carrying male zip plugs with 2 small prongs? Would be nice to have some on hand. 

Archived