2017 Suggestions

hotrod1965

18 minutes ago, drkness said:

Im not so sure your going to find something like that

After thinking it over a bit more, I don't see the actual purpose in needing to vamp plug into the female end of your strand. At some point in your run, you'd be leaving a male end exposed to the elements. I suppose it couldn't hurt to have a few of these on hand for any random reason, but I don't think they would sell too well and people would probably accidentally buy them more often than on purpose. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, NickO said:

@hotrod1965 I received a big order and installed a slew of 5mm LED strands connected with SPT-1 and Vamp Plugs, but realized the Male Zip Plugs you gentlemen sell are 2-prong (1 big prong, 1 small prong). The Female plug on the 5mm LED strands will only receive a male plug with 2 identical small prongs. I'd like to be able to connect some of the 5mm LED strands with SPT-1 wire and male zip plugs. Any change of you carrying male zip plugs with 2 small prongs? Would be nice to have some on hand. 

You could take old dead strands of lights cut both ends off and splice them together to make your extension cords.

I have also seen nonpolor extension cord that look like light wire and plugs not, sure we're to get them.

Hope it helps

3 hours ago, NickO said:

@hotrod1965 I received a big order and installed a slew of 5mm LED strands connected with SPT-1 and Vamp Plugs, but realized the Male Zip Plugs you gentlemen sell are 2-prong (1 big prong, 1 small prong). The Female plug on the 5mm LED strands will only receive a male plug with 2 identical small prongs. I'd like to be able to connect some of the 5mm LED strands with SPT-1 wire and male zip plugs. Any change of you carrying male zip plugs with 2 small prongs? Would be nice to have some on hand. 

It takes some coaxing, but you can usually plug in a polarized (one prong bigger) cord into the end of a light string. I've been doing this for years, but my wife has difficulty doing it. Of course you lose any polarized protection provided by the plug, but usually with light strings it doesn't matter as you'll just be plugging in other light strings.

10 minutes ago, tfischer said:

It takes some coaxing, but you can usually plug in a polarized (one prong bigger) cord into the end of a light string. I've been doing this for years, but my wife has difficulty doing it. Of course you lose any polarized protection provided by the plug, but usually with light strings it doesn't matter as you'll just be plugging in other light strings.

Touche gentlemen. I'm sure I could do some finagling. I'll try to avoid the scenario altogether though. Thanks for the great DIY'r gold.

22 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

HAHAHAHAHA ....I am suprised I haven't gotten shammed, shunned or booed for the cutting/modifying comment....go ahead...say somthing:)

I'm totally OK with the cutting/modifying part so long as you understand what you're doing and use them properly. I was actually chuckling at the other meaning of your term for the cutting tool :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2017 at 0:19 AM, LangfordDave said:

Hotrod, I love those glisten lights, but I don't love warm white.  Any chance you'll be adding pure white?

Also, I just noticed the C9 ceramic style blinker bulbs...thanks for adding those!  I'll be ordering some of those soon.

I don't think we can get get the twinkle lights in pure white. 

On 05/01/2017 at 9:19 PM, LangfordDave said:

Hotrod, I love those glisten lights, but I don't love warm white.  Any chance you'll be adding pure white?

Also, I just noticed the C9 ceramic style blinker bulbs...thanks for adding those!  I'll be ordering some of those soon.

I too would like pure white over warm white. Maybe next year. 

On 12/14/2016 at 2:25 PM, tfischer said:

Must... resist...commenting...

Heh heh................

On 12/14/2016 at 2:27 PM, Big J Illinois said:

HAHAHAHAHA ....I am suprised I haven't gotten shammed, shunned or booed for the cutting/modifying comment....go ahead...say somthing:)

You TOTALLY missed the point there dude....

On 12/15/2016 at 0:39 PM, Big J Illinois said:

ding, on with the lightbulb....

There ya go.

TED

On 1/7/2017 at 11:11 PM, buzzandwoody27 said:

I too would like pure white over warm white. Maybe next year. 

OK, found some pure white glisten lights :)  Give me a few days and I'll add them to the sale. Same price as the warms. 

On January 9, 2017 at 4:07 PM, hotrod1965 said:

OK, found some pure white glisten lights :)  Give me a few days and I'll add them to the sale. Same price as the warms. 

You rock hotrod!  Are they up on the site yet?  Trying to get my order placed this weekend :)

On 12/14/2016 at 1:48 PM, Big J Illinois said:

I say a pair of dykes would fix that problem....or a dremel. I have done all the above and never had a problem.....I know, I know, shame on me for condoning such schnanigan's lolol

This right here, I cant tell how many times of done this with zero problems.

Pretty much ALL the vendors are Buzz...and you know, they all get there product from the same vendor that makes the lights and product for Wally world, Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Farm and Fleet, Ace Hardware, True Value, Target, FIM  ect.They have jacked up the prices and pass that price to you and I....No thanks, everyone on here thinks that the vendors are helping you....they are not...I will roll the dice of the big box stores, second hand, craiglist, eBay and let go ect. I wish someone else would step up and call BS to the rip off vendors on here...I have looked, watched,noticed and the vendors DON'T have any better deals. Not a better pruduct and CERTAINLY not ANY cheaper, then the next vendor, place of sale ect. Lots stop sugar coating everything ,and look at what IS at hand. Yah,yah, I will get jeered,booed, ,but whatever. It seems as if that all we get offered is the same crap, higher price. Not what I call loyality. To call them your "followers", HA!! Fraud is what I call it. I have noticed ,that since the "sale" or "presale".the shipping has either changed..the price has gone up or the product isnt available.    I am not looking for a hand out by any means..I do well and haven't ever asked, but join together, and let's put a cap on what the "vendors" or whatever you wanna call yourselves, charge ,for a alibaba ,imported over inflated,  sub par product. Sorry for the rant, and probaly will get kicked off...thanks for the ear to fill about the stupidity that drives me nuts on here Thanks J

Archived