About to pull the trigger on LED C9 and C7 retrofit bulbs, help me

nipster

After 15+ years of having C9's on my roof, I am at the point where I think I am ready to replace them with LED C9 replacement bulbs. I alternate red and green ceramic bulbs. I think this should be pretty easy to do and it will look good. I'm not terribly concerned with the look because i have seen some and they look good.

However, on my (real) Christmas tree, I have been using the colored "clear/transparent" lights (the kind that are not ceramic/opaque look, whatever you call them). I mix in flashers, I just really have always liked this look on a tree. I also have some shrubs outside that I use colored "clear/transparent" C7 lights too. And one shrub where I use C9 colored "clear" bulbs too.

I may just keep incandescents for my tree.

I am concerned about the look of the "clear" LED C7 and C9 replacements. The ones I have seen have kind of a diamond pattern on the bulb. Are there any out there that more closely mimic the clear look of the incandescents?

Secondary question, do they make flasher bulbs in LED I can sprinkle in or will I have to keep my incandescent flashers? That would not be a big deal outside, but inside, where you can probably tell the difference more, it might look dumb.

Third... where to buy and what kind of costs am i looking at? I have hundreds of bulbs to replace.

First, our sale is going on now, so pricing is pretty good. 

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/

We have two main styles of c7 and C9 bulbs. Faceted and ceramic style. They each ave a different look to them, but both have a plastic durable lens.

I'm currently looking into getting some twinkle bulbs for the LED's. Stay tuned on that one!

I definitely recommend buying from hotrod at holiday-light-express.com, assuming you can find what you are looking for.  Best prices, best customer service, (and best shipping rates to Canada!)

If the twinkle or blinker bulbs do not get stocked, www.christmas-leds.com has cool white and warm white C9s that blink

Although i really like having all faceted bulbs in display,  i do wonder if i should have gone with the ceramic style on my c9s/c7s.  As far as durability, in screwing them all in i dropped one(it bounced off lower tile roof onto the ground) i picked it back up and screwed it right in. Cant ask for more when it comes to that!

Archived