Looking for quality meteor lights.

Dale P

Hello, I want to install 48 to 64 white meteor lights in a tree and want to know if there are some decent ones on the market to buy. I purchased a set of 8 from China for $12 and they look so cheap that I'm sure they will leak water and not even last one year. I know there are some Comercial grade sets out there but that's out of my price range. Are there any "mid" grade sets out there? Does anyone have a favorite brand or retailer to buy them from? My other option would be to purchase shooting star lights from Gemmy. I can get a set of 10 for around $22 and they seem to be OK quality, but they are a lot shorter in length than the meteor lights.

Thanks in advance fortheh help,

Dale P

Thanks, good to know.  What about Gemmy's App lights?  They are 24 count color changing LED lights that can be programed with your phone via bluetooth?  I picked up 12 sets for $10 each and was planning to run them around the roof line of my house.  The spacing is 12" per bulb, but I have enough to space them out at 6" for a fuller look.  The lights appear to be built with some quality which is why I was thinking of using their icicle lights.

Dale P.

The applights appear better made than the other ones. A user on here had an issues with moisture getting into the icicle lights (not applights version). They were not sealed at the top. I have the applights mini lights abs they appear to be well sealed. The icicle version may be better than the non applights .

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I have the mini lights as well. I was only going to have a static display this year and thought it would at least be nice to add some color changing to the roof line. At $10 a box I couldn't pass them up. (Homedepot had them on clearance)

I have the mini lights as well. I was only going to have a static display this year and thought it would at least be nice to add some color changing to the roof line. At $10 a box I couldn't pass them up. (Homedepot had them on clearance)

That's how I got them too. ..no way I was paying full price!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Archived