"United Solutions" New company?

TED

I just noticed that Home Depot has some 'molds (former Grand Venture and Union designs) listed as "United Solutions" brand.  Does anyone know what's up?  I wonder if it's a new company or if maybe Cado gave a new name to their holiday items?  It could just be a Home Depot thing too I suppose.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Holiday-Decorations-Halloween-Decorations-Outdoor-Halloween-Decorations/United-Solutions/N-5yc1vZc2y9Zf6e

TED

United Solutions is connected with Cado/Union Products, I asked Cado about that last year and when I asked if United Solutions was a distributor for them he said "Something like that" but would not say anything more.  I do wonder if they are just a division of Cado.  I have bought from United Solutions a few times when the prices are low enough.  We got our black Zombie Gnome from them for $19.95 and free shipping through Amazon a year or two ago and we got the Cado new red and green candles from them for under $16 each including shipping a few months ago.  They also list on eBay.

Mel

On 9/18/2017 at 3:08 PM, Mel Fischer said:

United Solutions is connected with Cado/Union Products, I asked Cado about that last year and when I asked if United Solutions was a distributor for them he said "Something like that" but would not say anything more.  I do wonder if they are just a division of Cado.  I have bought from United Solutions a few times when the prices are low enough.  We got our black Zombie Gnome from them for $19.95 and free shipping through Amazon a year or two ago and we got the Cado new red and green candles from them for under $16 each including shipping a few months ago.  They also list on eBay.

Mel

The $16 price on the candles is not bad.  I'd like to have some but $37 is pretty steep!  I forgot to say in my post above that all the items show both "out of stock" and "not available in stores".

TED

On 9/18/2017 at 6:07 AM, Big J Illinois said:

I do know, the Menards by me ,still carries GFP yet....

What do they have this year?

TED

I bought 4 of the candles from Amazon last year.. United Solutions. Mel, I wonder why  your contact person was being hesitant to confirm them as a distributor or as a division of Cado.  I'm going to look and check to see if there are any corporate filings.. may shed a bit more light. I just assumed they were a division of Cado..ass u me.. we know what that means. :P 

Cado has been hesitant at answering questions like that, at least with me.  I talked to them twice after they acquired some of the TPI molds and when I asked about those the woman I talked with the first time said they got a lot of them but she did not know if they have all of the TPI molds.  A few months later I talked with a man and he was much more evasive, he would only say that they had some of the TPI molds.   My experience with Cado has been similar to what most say about General Foam, they don't want to say what they have for molds.  I do remember when I called them a few years ago about where to purchase their blow molds, particularly the black gnome and the giant zombie flamingos he only told me about Wayfair and United Solutions, apparently they did not sell any of them to the retailers in the Pacific Northwest.

Mel

Archived