Display Dark! Please help!

ChristmasKitten

You should be thankful that you don't have an LOR 1602w with the bad fuse holders. The fuse blows and you go to remove the fuse and find that it's more or less permanently stuck in the barrel because the bottom spring has developed a memory and doesn't want to pop out the fuse. Being a ceramic fuse, you try to remove it and it breaks off, making the replacement of the fuse holder necessary (and a complete PITA). I've had to replace at least half a dozen of these fuse holders over the years...

17 hours ago, ChristmasKitten said:

Came home at 6:00 pm only to discover that the right-hand fuse in one of my two CTBPC16g3's had blown.:( This happened to be the critical part of our display, as it runs the Tune-To sign and charity box. Any suggestions to find the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Kitten, Maybe you can double things up or rearrange your display for minimal negative effect until its fixed. Good Luck! 

54 minutes ago, CraiginPA said:

You should be thankful that you don't have an LOR 1602w with the bad fuse holders. The fuse blows and you go to remove the fuse and find that it's more or less permanently stuck in the barrel because the bottom spring has developed a memory and doesn't want to pop out the fuse. Being a ceramic fuse, you try to remove it and it breaks off, making the replacement of the fuse holder necessary (and a complete PITA). I've had to replace at least half a dozen of these fuse holders over the years...

Sorry to hear about your dilemma Craigin. All I can say is I've had 12 -1602w's from LOR for 9 years + and never had a problem. I've had fuses blow but no problems changing them.I do know that LOR support will help fast. I had lightning blast one of my controllers during a show and they overnighted me a new controller before I sent the old one back for repair.

16 hours ago, ChristmasKitten said:

UPDATE: After 2 replaced fuses, much troubleshooting, and a thorough inspection; It now works. Cause ended up being a flood light that broke while in a fixture, shorting it out.

Glad your up and running!

Archived