Early Municipal Reindeer

Here is a photo captioned "Main Street Christmas Display, Bel Air Maryland, 1961". I am posting it her because I am wondering about the deer in the photo. Are they molded latex/early blow mold or fiberglass? They don't appear to be the ALF, 1958 Mold Craft, Heller, or D*ck Wiken Mold Craft deer. The set doesn't appear to have a Santa and has a wooden sleigh.  Anyone seen this before?

ae12078cd619703dc89f2f6cc3083aa1.jpg

They look to be a Mold-Craft king-size sleigh and reindeer set.  The harness and reins do not appear to be molded into them, parts of the harness on the head are in different locations on the different deer and some of the parts are laying on the ground.  That set was sold without Santa, with a half Santa and with a standing  Santa.  They also sold it with nine reindeer including Rudolph with a red flasher bulb nose.  The sleigh was plywood with metal runners.

Mel

Mold-Craft Reindeer & Sleigh (King-Size) (700).jpg

5 minutes ago, Mel Fischer said:

They look to be a Mold-Craft king-size sleigh and reindeer set.  The harness and reins do not appear to be molded into them, parts of the harness on the head are in different locations on the different deer and some of the parts are laying on the ground.  That set was sold without Santa, with a half Santa and with a standing  Santa.  They also sold it with nine reindeer including Rudolph with a red flasher bulb nose.  The sleigh was plywood with metal runners.

Mel

Mold-Craft Reindeer & Sleigh (King-Size) (700).jpg

That was my first thought too but then I noticed the reigns. Good job noticing that they were a custom paint job rather than molded. Thanks for the help Mel.

Archived