Viewing Public Say the Darndest Things

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't agree more with RAB.  I don't care what you put out, or how much, or how it looks.  Just put something out!  Nothing more depressing than a dark neighborhood.  Does anyone else feel like a hypocrite when the passersby go on and on about all the hard work you do so everyone can enjoy it?  I have to admit, if nothing more than a stray dog, a wino, and the mailman saw my display, I'd still do it because I enjoy it, whether anyone else sees it or not.

On 12/15/2017 at 4:05 PM, slankard said:

I couldn't agree more with RAB.  I don't care what you put out, or how much, or how it looks.  Just put something out!  Nothing more depressing than a dark neighborhood. 

Yeah agreed. 

Best I've heard this year- I love your display can I take pictures? This way I can decorate my house just like yours and my wife can stop asking me to drive past your house...  LOL

On December 14, 2017 at 7:48 PM, ChristmasKitten said:

I agree with both @Aputernut and @The Inflatable King Of Ohio. I like traditional displays with nativities, as well as the ones with lots of inflatables and blow molds. The only ones I don't like are the ones were the inflatables and blow molds are so dense you can't tell one from another. :o

Well that's how my display was last year... But this year is much diffrent.  Last year is in the last two pictures. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 12/4/2017 at 5:06 PM, slankard said:

We stand outside and pass out candy canes, and people are always asking my wife if this is our display.  She tells them, "No, we're just strangers who really have the holiday spirit!"

2017-12-18_16_57_05.thumb.jpg.89655fffbde59ea9fc313cdadac1aaeb.jpg

Slankard, we just put ours out in a mailbox and then light it up with smart lights at one point of a sequence when we invite people to come get one. We do empty it when the show gets done though. If we forget to, the neighboorhood kids empty it for us on the way to the bus in the morning. The community loves that we do it so much they have left money and even donate bags of candy canes to help replenish supplies.

On the main topic, like many of you, I receive comments about the radio broadcast. My neighbor told his kids I must be friends with the radio station owner or something.  HA HA!!
His kid didn't understand when I tried to explain what was really happening.

Archived