Yellow LED Light Comparison

Stephen Blue

Does anyone have any experience with the color difference between yellow LED lights from various sealed LED vendors? I bought a case from CDI in their Black Friday sale, and don't get me wrong, they are fine lights, but they just are not the bright yellow I was anticipating. For perspective, I'm looking at replacing some of my Lowe's yellow incan's. Normally, LED's are brighter and more vivid than their incan counterparts; this is the first time I've had a color LED be deeper/more dull than the incan. 

• 11 months later...

So... update, a year later. After not loving the CDI yellow m6's I bought last year, I bought a case of HLE m6's - they're identical to the CDI ones in terms of brightness and color; again, solid build construction, but just not very bright as opposed to other m6 LED's.

Below is a picture of two identical yellow trees, same size and quantity of lights. The one on the left is all HLE/CDI m6. It's pretty, but dim. It works OK in its dark backdrop. The one on the right is half LED, half Lowes incan. You can see the difference replacing just 300 of the 600 lights with incans makes in brightness, so in terms of lessening my power load, I can realize some savings by doing trees in 50/50 like this. But I would still love to source some truly bright yellow LED m6's... 

Image may contain: christmas tree, night, tree and outdoor

Archived