'Refreshing' PlanetChristmas for 2018?

4 hours ago, Rotatorman said:

Did anyone mention this:  when you click on a topic, it should take you to the latest entry.  That way, you don't have to scoot all the way past other entries, which in some cases, can be pages.

I thought there used to be a setting for this, where it would sort from most recent or the other way. I went snooping around and there is not. Can't remember if I am confusing  other forums at this point...

You're experiencing one of my biggest frustrations with the current forums... lots of features but the user interface can be super-awkward. 

Behind-the-scenes on the administrative side there are constant mental gymnastics required for what should be minor tasks.  Urrrrgggggggg.

What does the PlanetChristmas Forums future hold?

The current forums will be switched to the 'Archive' mode meaning the threads will be accessible to all but no additions will be allowed.  That's secret code for: Google will remember you forever :o

The current users will be moved to the new forums where we'll start with a clean slate using many of the suggestions from this thread.

Please keep the suggestions flowing.

• 4 weeks later...

with any new migration, all I ask is that old material is not lost.  Last time we had a change here, I lost not only most of my PM's which contained some great info from members who are now deceased, but also there are many older posts that no longer have the pictures or links.  This alone was very upsetting.

Archived