Commercial shoot?

Ralph Priest

I've had all kinds of crazy requests. This year's was someone who wanted to put a blow up Bozo the clown punchy toy from the 1970's in place of Santa in his sleigh for a photograph. That one, coming from an adult, was one I allowed. The ones where people wanted to pose their family on my lawn at night when the lights were on I've always turned down, for fear they'd trip over or break something as they stumbled into the middle of my display.

For a commercial to be shot with my house, I'd expect some kind of payment. And if they were going to be on my property, I'd ask for a certificate of insurance.

I received a comment on my youtube video from someone claiming to be with a commercial production company and wanting to discuss their client using a "decked out holiday house like yours" on their instagram feed.  I just ignored it.  I don't want to inject business into this.  I'm sure there would be a lot of fine print to read through.  I'm just in this to entertain the community and raise money for my charity.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Priest said:

This is from a local Nissan dealership;they're here now filming.

Cool.  I'm guessing it will air in the fall.  Please keep us posted.  I would love to see the finished product.

Archived