New LED's vs. Incandescent

JeffCarter

Very Nice Jeff !   

So helpful to see the difference in colors under controlled tests.   Any chance you can also follow up with Mileon Bulbs and the newer SMD  ceramic versions.  I know that hotrod1965 sells them, maybe he can get you some sample ones for the test.

1 hour ago, WLND-DAVID said:

Very Nice Jeff !   

So helpful to see the difference in colors under controlled tests.   Any chance you can also follow up with Mileon Bulbs and the newer SMD  ceramic versions.  I know that hotrod1965 sells them, maybe he can get you some sample ones for the test.

I did do a test with GE C9 Ceramics and smooth, translucent OptiCore lamps. The GE lamps are on the left and the Opticore are on the right for each color.

IMG_8208.JPG

IMG_8206.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

Looks like in the multi opticore bulbs, they need to dial down the brightness of the green, it's overpowering versus the rest of the opticore bulbs, not to mention the GEs.

Sad that these LED retrofits have been around for a decade plus now and while they have legitimately improved leaps and bounds, there are still some critical issues from the early days that it appears no one even cares to address.

I've been beating the "warm white LEDs in every color" drum for a while now, but it's always fallen on deaf ears.

I guess I'm going to have to go directly to Minleon at this point to request this and commit to a minimum order.

On 1/3/2018 at 1:05 PM, Cullen Wassell said:

I've been beating the "warm white LEDs in every color" drum for a while now, but it's always fallen on deaf ears.

Along those lines, here's another experiment I did...

GE-Meridian.jpg

bright-white-w-1.jpg

Archived