Saved from the dump

TBS99

I just saved these from being taken to the dump. There was more but I did not find out about them until some were already taken to the dump from an estate sale.
They are in excellent condition for how old they are. The clear coat has yellowed over the years. After some research and speaking to the neighbor next door to
the estate sale these were made some time around 1960 as he recalled. They are the Douglas Fir Plywood Association patterns that came out in 1957. It was poster
paper that you glued to plywood and then clear coat it. The Santa, sleigh and reindeer are from the Douglas Fir Plywood Association promotion. I have 2 camels,
one with a wise man on it that was the only pieces left from the nativity scene the estate had. The neighbor told me that there was at least 10 more pieces that were
sent to the dump that the family did not want. These look like the ones from U-bild but the neighbor told me that they were made around 1960 also so not sure about them.  I wish I could have
 saved the rest. These will be in my display this year. These are all 5 to 6 feet tall pieces.

Tom

sleighdeer1.jpg

santa11.jpg

camel21.jpg

camelwise2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived